Our client is a highly respected firm operating on a global level in the tax and advisory market. Their Australian business has seen unprecedented growth over the last three years and they are continuing this trend moving into 2024.
Their advisory offerings cover a broad range of services from Tax, Audit, Risk, Finance and niche M&A advisory.
The firm is committed to delivering exceptional client service and fostering long-term career opportunities for its personnel. With a broad clientele spanning Australia and overseas, their reputation is built on outstanding service and client referrals.
You will join a highly successful Advisory team who specialise across the Australian Tax landscape. You will take a national role driving technical accounting standards through the development and implementation of training programmes and compliance systems. This is an internally facing role aimed to increase the capability of the business and improve the ability within the current organisation.
This organisation is known as a leader within this space and has carved out strong reputation across multiple industry verticals including banking, insurance, wealth management, superannuation, FMCG and retail.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work alongside some of Australia's leading tax experts, advising within complex and challenging projects. This will offer you unparalleled opportunities to create and deliver a market leading training programme and strategy to support the firm's broader career development pathway.
This role will suit someone from an advisory background, big4 or mid-tier firm with a strong understanding of the Australian tax landscape. You will have a passion for driving improvement and enjoy mentoring, upskilling and training a team of both junior and experienced tax accountants.
- Design and implement a new training strategy to uplift the capability of technical accounting across the business on a national level
- Review the technical accounting capability within the business, working with all levels of management to complete an in depth SWOT analysis and share it with the SLT
- Review the current training landscape and complete a gap analysis highlighting any potential issues and short comings
- Work closely with the national partners and the learning and development team to design and implement compliance procedures to improve performance and efficiency
- Establish and roll out a structured training programme across all states
- Work with the current team to develop a mentor programme across the group
- Drive the importance of continuous learning and development within the group to effect cultural change
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience as an accountant working within the Australian tax system
- You will have a passion for the accounting industry and a track record of success throughout your career
- A passion for people development and training
- In your previous roles, you will have been involved in employee development, with experience running training workshops whether in a classroom or 121 environment
- Possess excellent communication and stakeholder skills with the ability to influence and build relationships with people from all levels of the business
- Your experience can be garnered from within an advisory firm, either big four or a mid tier practice. Alternatively, anyone from an industry background with hands on tax knowledge is encouraged to apply.
- Holding your CPA or CA qualification, or equivalent overseas accreditation.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- Proactive approach with a keen desire to learn and implement best practices
- Excellent attention to detail
- Highly competitive remuneration package of $160,000 - $180,000 including super
- Flexible working options, office based out of Sydney CBD near Martin Place station with wfh flexibility
- Regular training and development courses, plus community give back days
- Additional benefits such as subsidised gym membership, generous parental leave and well being support.