Container Exchange is appointed by the Queensland government to manage and grow Queensland’s container refund scheme – Containers for Change.
Since the launch of the scheme in November 2018, Container Exchange has overseen the creation of significant and meaningful change for Queensland people and communities. Container Exchange is proud to be tasked with delivering a state-based scheme that continues to deliver positive social, environmental and economic impacts across the state.
Their not-for-profit status drives investment where it matters to ensure all Queenslanders can access the benefits Containers for Change brings to individuals, charities, community groups and social enterprises across the state.
About the Role.
The Manager, Legal, Risk and Governance will be an important appointment in the leadership team. It is a newly created role that will report into the CFO as this organisation are an established operator with best-in-class operations and frameworks.
The Manager Legal, Risk and Governance will need to assess the current structure and review all existing legal and risk frameworks to ensure they are fit for purpose. Other responsibilities include;
- Providing comprehensive legal advice across obligations and risks.
- Prepare briefings for the Board and Audit & Risk Committee regarding legal advice concerning contracts.
- Review, draft and negotiate commercial contracts.
- Manage and lead the Legal, Audit and Risk teams.
- Review, develop and implement a Risk Management framework.
- Develop policies and risk registers.
- Produce risk management reports for the Board and Audit & Risk Committee.
- Design and implement training programs fostering a culture of risk awareness.
- Manage stakeholder and board requests.
- Develop and foster effective working relationships across all working relationships.
- Advise the CEO and ELT on governance, regulatory and legal matters.
- Understand pressure points, strategy and objectives of the business and advise appropriately.
This is an important role that will need to deliver advice with both a commercial outlook coupled with an understanding of the risk appetite.
You will bring the following experiences;
- Professionally qualified with a minimum of 5 years PQE.
- Experience of building a high-performance teams.
- Examples of previous change leadership outcomes.
- Technical Legal and Risk knowledge coupled with a commercial mindset.