About our client:
Our client is a prestigious professional services and business services company which provides support to entrepreneurial starts ups and SMEs across Australia. This organization has stood by business owners – untying legal knots, boosting efficiency, advocating for better conditions and helping them grow.
The year end accountant will provide accounting services including the administration of the general and subsidiary ledgers and the preparation of financial reports, statutory returns and lodgements for various business units, its subsidiary companies and related entities.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Business Partner to various business units, providing accounting information including the interpretation of monthly financial results and reporting.
- Responsibility for providing BAU financial support across the Group functions, including financial modelling, sensitivity analysis and deep dive financial analysis.
- Responsibility and coordination of the preparation of monthly and adhoc reporting including monthly Board reporting to divisional management.
- Preparation of annual budgets and rolling forecasts.
- Oversee and manage the preparation and review of balance sheet account reconciliations including investigation and resolution of any reconciling items.
- Oversee and monitor business unit cash flow requirements.
- Develop, maintain and influence key relationships across the group to support the successful delivery of key objectives through alignment of financial, operational and strategic goals.
- Oversee the assistance and coordination with payroll administrators to ensure payment deadlines are met including payments for net pays, PAYGW, Superannuation and Payroll taxes.
- Responsibility for the preparation and completion of Company returns including ABS lodgements, BAS, FBT & Company Income Tax.
- Responsibility for the compilation of year end schedules and liaison with external auditors regarding the Group Accounts and Annual Audit.
- Assist in improving the financial skills of non-financial managers.
- Provide commercial assistance to Business Units as required.
- Assistance with the integration of any future acquired businesses.
- Assist in the development of policies, procedures & work instructions.
- Assist with business and system process improvements.
- Participation in special projects as required.
The year end accountant must be able to satisfy the following criteria:
- Accounting Degree and CPA /CA qualification (or equivalent).
- 3 years+ of business partnering experience.
- Advanced level of computing skills (including excel).
- Ability to coordinate day to day accounting functions to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Maintain good internal working relationship with other staff members and provide support when needed.
- Experience and knowledge of payroll tax, workers compensation, superannuation, employee entitlements, allowances and PAYG remittances.
- Exercise a high degree of accuracy, consistency and self-motivation.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
What's on offer?
There are 2 open vacancies available for an initial period of 3-6 months. With a convenient location 10 minutes from Sydney CBD our client is willing to pay an hourly rate of up to $60 an hour plus super. We are happy to receive applications from all levels of candidate both junior and senior but naturally the rate will be adjusted to experience levels.