Our client is a leader in the Data Consulting market with unrivalled capability across the Data and Advanced Analytics domain. Over the last five years, they have leveraged their global footprint to attract and grow Australia’s most experienced Data consulting practice. The expertise in this practice is second to none and has been the enabler for them to double both revenue and headcount in 2020. An unparalleled feat considering the market climate.
About the role:
A Java API developer is responsible for developing, designing, and managing Java-based applications. Java is widely used by large companies; the daily roles can widely vary. Overseeing, developing, implementing and adapting API’s are vital in this role.
- Responsible for designing, developing, and managing Java-based applications
- Collaborating with Agile teams to deliver working software for customers.
- Developing technical specifications, high level/detailed design, testing strategies, and implementation plans from business requirements.
- Delivering high availability and performance.
- Contributing in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Writing well-designed, efficient, and testable code.
- Experience with Tools: IntelliJ, Maven, Bamboo, Git, BitBucket
- Java development experience (Java 8 and above, SpringBoot)
- Knowledge and effective application of Java Design Patterns
- Experience in REST API microservice development
- Cloud experience – AWS, GCP
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux shell scripting
- Methodologies and Practices: Agile Software Development, DevOps
- Looking for someone that can effectively work with a team and has a high level of communication skills.
An enticing daily rate from $500 - $650 per day inclusive of super. Initial six month contract which should extend and may go permanent for the right candidate.