Troocoo are proud to be partnering with the Western Downs Regional Council in their search for a high performing Senior Workplace Health and Safety Specialist. Western Downs Regional Council is an energetic people focused organisation, committed to delivering exceptional service to the community. This council cares about their people and strives to make a real difference, they are proud of the projects and initiatives they have achieved in their rich history and have great plans to further that contribution into the future. Built on agriculture, energy and manufacturing the Western Downs Regional Council is dedicated to making the community a great place to live, work and visit. This region is much more than cotton and grain, offering natural beauty, city-like amenities and local foodie gems for everyone to enjoy. Our client is offering a flexible working environment, learning and development opportunities and significant support as they look to expand their Workplace Health and Safety Team.
About The Role
Western Downs Regional Council is sourcing a high performing, experienced Workplace Health and Safety Specialist to join their established business in a permanent capacity. Advising on all Health and Safety matters you will focus on the continuous improvement strategy, while promoting all aspects of a safe workplace. You will work proactively to assess, investigate and mitigate safety risks. This role will offer you flexibility through work from home options, along with a 9 day fortnight and potential relocation package, as you drive the safety function of the business. Reporting into the Chief Human Resources Officer you will lead a team of safety focused professionals. You will also-
- Work closely with leaders on the development, implementation and maintenance of all Workplace Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Monitor all Workplace Rehabilitation and Return to Work matters, advising on best practice.
- Develop and coordinate Workplace Health and Safety programs and initiatives inline with organisational goals.
- Lead and develop the Workplace Health and Safety team to promote a collaborative and safe working environment for the greater business.
You will be an experience Workplace Health and Safety professional looking to grow your career within a stable agriculturally focused government body. You will enjoy working in a positive, fast paced environment delivering Workplace Health and Safety advice across a broad range of matters. Leading a team will come naturally to you, while you influence a varied range of stakeholders on best practice in the world of safety. While actively contributing the community at large and embracing the welcoming culture of the region, you will also have-
- Extensive understanding and practical working knowledge of Workplace Health and Safety, Workers Compensation and Rehabilitation Legislation supported by a degree or relevant qualifications.
- Demonstrated ability leading and driving a changing culture of safety across a diverse working environment.
- Drive and motivation to think strategically and take initiative when it comes to problem solving and a continuous improvement approach.
- Experience supporting a multisite environment, with strong stakeholder management skills and influencing ability.
Please apply via the link below or for more information please contact Megan Kemp on email@example.com / 0424 307 245