About our client: Our client is an iconic brand within the Australian financial services sector, a market leader within the business banking domain. A challenger brand that has seen huge success over the last few years, firmly establishing itself in the business banking domain and taking market share from the big four.
An experienced Senior Software Engineer is needed to join a high performing software development team in the Data and Enterprise Technology team. This role caters to technical lead capability and is accountable for driving thought leadership, detail design oversight, code reviews, mentoring of junior/specialist engineers and best practice software development.
This role supports our client’s critical MDM legacy and future solutions which include CDI-Hub, GCIS and CMDM (IBM). You will be required to provide consultation to project and program management in support of feature elaboration and estimation for development aligned to strategic business projects.
You will be an active contributor to the Agile software development lifecycle and be a champion of DevOps/Continuous Integration and production deployment processes. The role will also include requirements analysis, detailed design, estimation, development and ongoing support to ensure that the quality of the solutions and artefacts you produce meet defined standards relative our client’s data environment.
- Highly proficient in delivery of Technology projects delivering value using Agile and DevOps methodologies
- Leadership and mentoring of specialist developers in support of problem solving and best practice development
- Embed and foster a DevOps mindset and practice within the team
- Drive the rollout of continuous improvement initiatives
- Create Software development patterns in support of reuse and streamlined estimation practices
- Utilise agile principles and practices in everything that you do.
- Drive and standardise unit and integration testing on developed code for development team
- Challenge the development team on their delivery of quality, unit test coverage and assistance in the creation of development artefacts.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with other team members within Data Platform & Engineering teams, DET and more broadly across Technology & Transformation.
- Build trust, credibility and confidence by working closely with the development team to provide quality outcomes for stakeholders
- Work closely with cross functional delivery teams to ensure business requirements align to the solutions we build
- Work with Architects, Principal Engineers, Delivery leads and business stakeholders to determine practical fit for purpose solutions in alignment with business needs.
- Establish relationships with team and line management to provide trusted opinion on the quality and confidence in the delivered solution.
- Work closely with internal team DevOps and API Community representatives to understand and implement best practise for internal team processes and solutions
The successful candidate:
The successful candidate will currently be working in a software Development industry with excellence experience in an agile development/delivery environment.
- 5 years of experience working in the software development Industry
- Experience with DevOps processes and Cloud services (AWS)
- Demonstrated experience in Leading developing and building end to end technical strategies focusing on quality and fast feedback approaches, against diverse architectures
- Experience in working with and developing Continuous Integration approaches
- Experience with the implementation of DevOps into a team
- Experience with Jenkins or equivalent technology
- Experience with version control software
- Experience with Java development IDE’s such as Eclipse or IntelliJ
- Experience in working under a SOA-based system/s
- Experience working in a distributed team
- Experience in using automated test tools
- Able to work closely with other disciplines particularly business analysts and testers
- Able to influence task/project direction by quantifying quality/risk to project/business context
- Experience with API development
- Experience with Spring boot
- Experience with build tools such as Gradle or Maven
- Experience with automated testing and testing lifecycles
- Tertiary qualifications in Software Engineering, Information Technology or related discipline (Desired) or equivalent experience
- AWS Certification (Desired)
- Java certification (Desired)
What’s on offer:
- An annual package of $155K
- Can consider the candidates from Melbourne.
- Permanent role with Hybrid working arrangements
Our client is providing Learning and development opportunities such as Education Assistance program