About the role:
- Ensure the application and implementation of best practice business analysis is applied to projects by continuously improving quality and through the application of contemporary methodology standards.
- Provide authoritative specialist advice and guidance to senior management across multiple complex initiatives; including requirement identification and definition (for example, what needs to happen, how much effort it will take) needed to successfully achieve stated deliverables.
- Participate in cross-Branch knowledge sharing forums in the business analyst discipline to continuously improve the quality of business analysis deliverables.
- Contribute professional advice and best practice techniques to the project team to support the required deliverables.
- Undertake business requirements analysis (elicit, analyse and document requirements) for the implementation of a single accreditation management system.
- Work with a cross functional project team and participate in estimating and planning sessions to scope features.
- Assist with the prioritisation of work including new features from both a business and ICT perspective.
- Work closely with key internal and external clients to gain a strong appreciation of their needs in order to take ideas and concepts and transition these into achievable deliverables.
- Collaborate with designers, architects, test teams and clients in the preparation and review of user stories, test plans in an agile environment.
- Utilise Confluence and Jira tools to facilitate product and feature development.
- Provide essential support and clarifications to developers and testers throughout the software development lifecycle, including management of change requests, and corresponding adjustments to feature scope.
- Work with the Service Design Team to ensure traceability of Business Goals, User Goals and User tasks are understood and translated into high quality user stories.
- 5 years' experience as a Business Analyst
- Proven and extensive experience in the role of a Business Analyst in complex working environment
- Facilitating meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings with various stakeholders
- Performing business requirements analysis by evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and documenting and communicating solutions to meet business needs within an agile framework
- Ability to collaborate with a cross-functional team to derive and document Behavioural Driven Development (BDD) scenarios preferred, but not mandatory
- Documenting functional requirements in a user story format to drive development from requirements
- Documenting integration specifications to support functional solutions
- Effectively communicating your insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management serving as the liaison between stakeholders and users
- Strong communicator in both written and verbal formats - proven ability to comfortably communicate technical and business concepts to a range of audiences including designers, developers, testers, architects, and subject matter experts
- Working within an Agile team effectively, taking accountability for your own pieces of work
- Thrives in fast-paced environments with demonstrated ability to quickly learn and adapt