Troocoo Government are working with a large Government Statutory Authoriy to recruit an experienced Principal Financial Accountant. This is an initial 6-month contract with potential to extend, based on the Brisbane CBD fringe.
This role has direct reports and will be providing leadership to the team. Hourly contractor rate $68.42 - $73.59 p/hour + super.
This role will work under the direction of the Manager of Finance, and will actively manage and provide guidance to both direct/indirect reports. You will provide high level advice on the application of accounting practices and principles and give recommendations on current systems and processes.
The Principal Financial Accountant will also perform month-end accounting responsibilities, prepare Business Activity Statements and Fringe Benefit Taxation returns. You will also liaise with internal/external auditors and stakeholders, identify new and alternate approaches to performing business and contribute to the development and maintenance of accounting frameworks, policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline e.g. commerce or accountancy.
- Demonstrate a minimum of 5 years’ or over experience in a finance role.
- Certified Practising Accountant (CPA) or Chartered Accountant (CA) or working towards obtaining one of these qualifications.
- Experience in providing leadership to and management of a team.
- Experience in the statutory reporting, including notes to the financial statements.
- Previous Government or Not-for-profit experience is highly desirable.