The Platform Manager - Workplace Technology Manager will be a key placement within the business in maintaining administration and maintenance of the Organisatons critical Workplace Technology platforms - within the
Public Cloud and the Data Centres.
This position facilitates the enhancement, support, and maintenance
of mission critical ICT platforms, and will require you to coach team members to successfully maintain platform availability and health, meet team and functional objectives and proactively contribute to the overall improvement of the ICT Division.
Key Responsibilities of the Workplace Technology Platform Manager will be as required:
- Oversee the Lights-On administration and support lifecycles for accountable platforms.
- Champion development and implementation of the ICT Strategy and ICT Services Focus Areas, ensuring successful organisational change management to deliver and embed these changes.
- Develop annual operational plans by identification, design, implementation, and ongoing support of general system improvements to the accountable platforms. Including options for potential solutions and assessments based on technical and business suitability driving improved efficiency and a reduction in costs.
- Lead the development, maintain, and deliver the five-year strategy and roadmap/blueprint for accountable platforms in collaboration with the ICT Services Architects.
- Input into identification of software items to be upgraded within the annual Software Upgrades and Rationalisation Project and contribute to the delivery of the project.
- Input into identification of hardware lifecycle items to be replaced within the annual Hardware
- Asset Lifecycle Project and contribute to the delivery of the project.
- Ensure effective coverage of alerting and monitoring and continuous improvement.
- Ensure effective usage of Critical Incident, Incident, Knowledge Management, Service Request,
- Service Catalogue, Change, Problem, Asset, Event Management processes.
- Report on IT Service Management metrics, platform availability, platform metrics and capacity planning requirements
- Extensive experience within and across Information Technology / leading teams of IT professionals in the delivery and support of critical technology platforms in the domains of Cloud, Infrastructure, End User
- Compute or Enterprise Systems.
- Experience leading technical team(s) in a complex mission critical environment.
- Proven knowledge and experience supporting and maintaining complex critical technology
- Proven experience in leading teams using Agile practices.
- Experience in financial management of large OPEX budgets.
- Experience in managing IT contracts and IT vendors.
- Experience in uplifting engagement models and workforce management for all team resources to
- effectively manage and deliver on work commitments.
- Experience in IT operational risk management.
- Ability to utilise critical thinking, judgement, and experience to define, analyse, and resolve problems.
- Proven ability to interpret, document and review technical concepts.
- Proven ability to analyse data to identify trends and exceptions.
- Demonstrated experience writing business cases.
- Ability to present high level solution designs in terms that are understandable to both business
- stakeholders and the technical resources.
- Experience implementing, measuring and improving ITIL processes and procedures