Container Exchange (COEX) is the not-for-profit organisation created to establish and run the Containers for Change scheme in Queensland. Our focus is on reducing beverage container litter, increasing recycling efforts and helping the community to benefit through charities, community groups and not-for-profit organisations participating in the scheme.
About the role:
Guide an enthusiastic team of partnership leaders in actively connecting with various stakeholders, such as major corporations, social enterprises (including charities and community groups), government bodies, and other entities. The objective is to forge partnerships that are mutually advantageous. This position involves aiding the growth of Container Exchange participation by pinpointing, fostering, and managing significant partnerships. These collaborations are intended to enhance container collection rates and generate value for our partners by promoting positive environmental, social, and economic impacts.
- Build and maintain networks with appropriate organisations including government departments and agencies, consultancy services, and suppliers.
- Lead a team of Partnership Leads and support senior engagement within their respective portfolio.
- Identify and facilitate opportunities to increase the participation of social enterprise and corporate entities in the Containers for Change scheme to support the delivery of COEX’s strategic goals.
- Design and deliver key presentations to stakeholders including the community, government and corporate partners as required.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to identify, priorities and implement new partnerships, specifically with regard to the wider Operations and Customer Acquisition teams to realise enterprise value.
- Work with a range of internal and external stakeholders to measure, analyse and report on the performance of partnerships once established.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role or organisation leading teams.
- Demonstrated foundation experience in corporate communications, including knowledge of sustainability and corporate social responsibility principles.
- Demonstrated partnership engagement and capacity building to optimise partnerships.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A solid understanding of, or the ability to quickly achieve a solid understanding of, best practice environmental and sustainability strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams and deliver results through teamwork.
- Ability to meet set objectives within designated constraints.