Originating as a family-owned retail business 20 years ago, our client has undergone huge growth and transformation over recent years. Even with such growth this organisation has maintained their dynamic and agile operating rhythms. Their presence has grown significantly and as such currently sits at 600 employees across both arms of the business. Head officed locally here in Brisbane, their reach extends across the East Coast of Australia.
About the role
Our client is looking for a high-performing, proactive Health, Safety and Environmental Manager to join their fast-paced business. Reporting into the executive and working closely with the greater safety function you will add value and drive a culture of safety across the business. Advising on all Health, Safety & Environmental matters you will focus on the continuous improvement strategy and implementing new initiatives and measures while promoting all aspects of a safe workplace. Day to day you will –
- Create and consistently review HSE policies and procedures while implementing risk mitigation strategies.
- Provide advice and coaching on HSE matters in line with national regulation, legislation and the code of practice.
- Provide accurate communication with leaders on all business, environmental and market safety objectives.
- Manage all safety training programs to maintain business and regulatory compliance.
You will be an experienced Health, Safety and Environmental professional looking to grow your career with a successful, commercial business. You will enjoy working in a positive, fast paced environment delivering safety advice across a broad range of matters. You will have the capability to build relationships and communicate effectively with a broad range of stakeholders. Building on your previous HSE experience you will be willing to learn and apply detailed legal, technical, and regulatory information within an innovative and technologically progressive business.
You will also have –
- Experience as a Health, Safety and Environmental Manager or Business Partner level looking to take a step up with supporting qualifications.
- Working knowledge of Hazard Management Principals, Work Health and Safety Act and related legislations.
- Strong communication and influencing abilities, along with excellent analytical, investigative and judgement capabilities.
- Experience or ability to develop a WHS function in a geographically dispersed, multi-site business.
- The ability to undertake planned travel as and when required.
For more information please reach out to Kaylah Banset firstname.lastname@example.org | 0427 573 879. Alternatively, please apply though the link.