Auto & General is the Australian arm of a private global group with 8,000 employees across 31 offices and over 8.9 million customers worldwide.
In Australia, Auto & General launched in 2000 and has grown to provide industry-leading motor, home and travel insurance products both directly through Budget Direct and via leading partnerships. With an Australian team of 1800+, Auto & General has a vision to be become Australia’s best insurer. As a leading challenger brand, Auto & General has experienced strong organic growth in Australia and has ambitious plans for continued future growth and business success. [LS1]
About the role:
Reporting to the Associate Director of Claims and Assessing, and part of the Claims & Assessing leadership team, the General Manager Third Party Recoveries and Settlements is accountable for a team of 170 that provides strategic and operational leadership of teams and control systems to: Maximising recovery opportunity and collection from third parties when A&G Customers are not at fault as well as minimising settlement costs when A&G Customers are at fault.
The new General Manager Third Party Recoveries and Settlements will need to ensure functional achievement of: Annual A&G business plans; Successful design and execution of initiatives, control, and systems improvement; and High-performance team.
This role will inspire and drive a culture of inclusion and belonging among the employees. As a member of the Leadership Team, you will be responsible for setting a compelling vision for achieving organisational strategy and goals, mobilising others to action, and upholding and promoting Auto & General's purpose relating to ethics, sustainability, inclusivity, and corporate (social) responsibilities.
Specifically, key accountabilities include:
- Develop and implement a 12-month business plan that are integral to C&A Divisional and A&G organisation strategy.
- Drive operational efficiency, automation and innovation in recovery and settlement activities.
- Sets objectives, manage, and deliver work that has major impact on C&A and A&G business results.
- Accountable for efficient and effective management agreed financial year plans):
- Settlement of claims cost on accepted at fault third party motor claims.
- Recovery of claims cost on accepted not at fault motor claims.
- Recovery of claims cost on NAF Hire Car claims.
- Accountable for achievement of annual claims cost plan, operating expense plan and broader balanced scorecard for functions.
- Design and deliver annual program of operational excellence across all areas of functional accountability.
- Building a team and creating a culture that continues to deliver high performance with high integrity.
- Provide effective leadership that balances delivery across all dimensions of optimal claims cost outcomes, engaged workforce, customer service and strong control environment.
- Significantly influence the operations of the business, encouraging collaboration and best practice and ensuring robust, timely and commercial decisions aligned to the business strategy.
- Manage strategically and connect the strategy with operational and cultural/people frameworks
- An exceptional leader who leads direct reports to cascade and connect the strategic plan across each operational level.
To be considered for the position, you will be an exceptional leader who demonstrates extensive experience and record of achievements at a senior level across the insurance or financial services sectors.
In this pivotal executive appointment for the business, the General Manager Third Party Recoveries and Settlements will play an instrumental part in working with the existing executive team to deliver the next exciting phase of growth. You will bring extensive experience in leading operational teams efficiently and effectively in the provision of services to clients in line with service standards.
This role has been designed with the future state in mind, and therefore an executive with a track record in identifying opportunities for change and leading improvement initiatives will be a key requirement for this senior appointment.
Leadership of a large team and business function and excellent communication skills are critical, with a demonstrated ability to deliver change as well as influence and foster essential networks and partnerships.
For a strictly confidential discussion, please contact Callan Raine (0411 686 652). Alternatively, you can request a candidate pack from Leanne Nunan at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can submit your application (CV & Cover Letter) via the apply button.