This pioneering company design, develop, build and support some of the world’s most advanced products, from cutting-edge engineering and next-generation designs in their field, they are a powerful marker leader.
Based in Sydney's south, our client has been through an enormous amount if positive change over the last 12 months - revolutionizing their accounting practices, systems and structures. They are seeking a number of top tier accounting professionals to join their organisation to be part of the next phase of corporate evolution.
About the role:
This role is responsible for providing assistance to the Transactional Accounting and Reporting and Analysis Manager with the consolidation and preparation of all internal and external reporting obligations. detailed reconciliations and works collaboratively with both Australian and US teams.
Success in this role is ability to process a high volume of work with minimal supervision, having a can-do attitude, ability to problem solve complex issues and a focus on continuous process improvement.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Maintaining accounting functions which include but not limit to perform month end closing activities including preparation of journals to ensure all month end transactions are posted into general ledger, maintenance and reconciliation of General Ledger, Bank Reconciliation and accruals, financial reporting etc.
- Manage financial reporting including balance sheet, profit and loss, management reporting and other Group Reporting requirements
- Reconciliation data to sub-ledger
- Create monthly billing and project adjustments
- Responsible for ABS Surveys
- Responsible for investigating accounting variances and following through to correction
- Responsibility for preparation of monthly group intercompany reconciliations, including review of unusual balance sheet movements and classifications, ensure all validations are clear and no intercompany mismatches exist at month end.
- Develop and manage preparation of general ledger reconciliations and responsibility for clearing of reconciliation items in accordance with month end timetable
- Undertake analysis and review of management reports and identify critical financial issues and risks
- Improve existing processes by conducting thorough root-cause analysis of inherent issues and engage with stakeholders where relevant to enable collaborative decision-making on agreed improvement/s
- Provide Ad-hoc analysis using commercial acumen and calling out key drivers for variances
This is an outstanding opportunity for a chartered accountant looking for their first from the profession. Ideally you will be 2-5 years PQE and have worked in audit or business services. You will be eager to learn, open to developing your financial reporting and management reporting skill set and seeking a role which requires high attention to detail and demanding internal stakeholders.
What's on offer?
Working with a truly exceptional Group Financial Controller and high achieving finance manager, the role holder will gain access to a wonderful array of mentors. These individuals will take your career and professional development seriously. If you are intent in securing a role within a global, multinational business who can provide world class training then please do apply.
A package of $110,000 - $125,000 is on offer.