Our client is an industry leader in the Energy & Utilities industry. With core values to improve sustainability and provide a high quality service to its customers in three States, this Energy provider is at the forefront of technology and has an impressive track record of growth and development. Customers remain the central focus and aided by a program of investments in technology, people, and new energy services, alongside a clear focus on commercial leadership and cultural excellence, our client has gone on to become a leader in its field.
Reporting to the design and performance manager you will play a pivotal role in developing and maintaining a broad range of systems that support the energy network. This will include analysis, design and technical evaluations across a range of engineering functions. It leverages design management expertise to encompass the identification and exploration of industry standards and the application of knowledge and methodologies within the Energy Network domain.
The position will necessitate extensive and strategic project management duties, encompassing the assessment and design of work programs, as well as the validation of equipment and systems. Additionally, it will entail overseeing the formulation of comprehensive plans, financial budgets, and digital asset management strategies.
To succeed in this role you will be an experienced electrical engineer with in-depth knowledge working with overhead and underground power line design.
- Lead the provision of specialized engineering services within the Design Services branch, encompassing research, identification, development, design, and implementation of critical detailed engineering analysis utilizing digital design technologies and techniques.
- Assume ownership of strategic planning, approval, and implementation of digital design technologies and capabilities for Design Services projects, ensuring adherence to budget and timeline constraints.
- Provide technical expertise and knowledge, supporting the effective utilization of design tools and systems, as well as facilitating communication and enhancements resulting from updates to systems, standards, and policies.
- Offer technical guidance and support to the Distribution Design Training Coordinator to bolster the success of Design Services Training programs.
- Manage the development, maintenance, and administration of design tools and systems, facilitating detailed design modeling, engineering, drawing, and estimating processes to optimize branch performance.
- Administer day-to-day services and application support for the Design Services branch.
- Research, identify, develop, and implement opportunities within the business unit that align with overall business strategies to enhance Design Services service delivery.
- Assume responsibility for analyzing pertinent and credible network data, preparing high-level strategic case studies, and developing business and technical models with recommendations to support the implementation and monitoring of digital asset management outcomes for Design Services, stakeholders, and customers.
- Conduct comprehensive, systematic analysis and problem-solving related to designs, system lifecycle development, and program issues for both planned and unplanned Energy Network projects.
- Extensive technical expertise and practical experience in designing both overhead and underground power lines, adhering to Australian standards.
- Knowledge and proficiency in systems administration, encompassing the setup and configuration of electronic design, drafting, and estimation systems.
- Proven track record in applying technical knowledge to resolve complex engineering challenges in planned and unplanned Energy Network projects.
- Skilled in implementing Workplace Occupational Health and Safety practices, policies, procedures, and programs to ensure strict compliance across all Energy Network projects and issues.
- Adept in adhering to Environmental and sustainable energy management policies, procedures, and programs to guarantee alignment with Energy Network project requirements.
- Demonstrated ability in employing customer service principles to ensure top-notch compliance.
- Application of specialized technical and administrative expertise systematically within an Energy Network context.
- Proficiency in database administration, SQL, and VBA programming, with a strong grasp of these tools and languages.
- Proven capability to effectively coordinate various electrical engineering activities, especially during planned and unplanned events.
- demonstrated expertise in overseeing the development, implementation, and monitoring of enterprise-required audits, accompanied by comprehensive reports offering system efficiency enhancement recommendations.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, ensuring the creation of high-quality documentation and the effective communication of work outcomes to relevant business areas responsible for implementation.
What’s on offer
- Highly competitive remuneration package of $160,000 - $200,000 inc super
- Flexible working options, office based out of one of multiple locations in NSW with wfh flexibility
- Regular training and development courses