Our client is an iconic Australian brand within the hospitality and entertainment industry. As an organisation they have invested heavily into their data environments, and related technologies which they view as key to driving efficiencies across the business.
You will make an impact by joining our client’s data team. Your role as a Data Engineer will play a key role in the continued development of the Data Engineering function. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about big data technologies, enjoys solving problems and takes pride in delivering high quality solutions. To propel your data career to a next level you will work closely with senior stakeholders across the business and take a lead role on Data Engineering.
- You will work in a multi-talented, diverse team across multiple geographical locations and implement solutions in a fast-paced environment.
- End-to-end ownership for developing, deploying and supporting your solutions.
- Managing master data, including creation, updates, and deletion.
- Provide quality assurance of imported data, working with quality assurance analysts if necessary.
- Helping develop reports and analysis.
- Managing and designing the reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata.
In order to be considered for this role, you will meet the majority of the following criteria;
- Technical experience working with Microsoft Azure: Azure Data Bricks, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Warehouse, Azure SQL Server,
- You will be proficient in Python and have experience working with structured and semi-structured (logs) data sources.
- Deep understanding of Data Warehousing/ETL concepts
- $150k - $160k + super
- Flexible hybrid working arrangements
- Use the latest cloud technologies to tackle interesting and challenging group wide banking and finance problems
- Discounts across a number of restaurants, hotels and events
- Ongoing professional development and free technical certification