The role of the Solutions Architect will be responsible for developing and maintaining an enterprise architecture for the Corporate Portfolio of projects.
This role will develop current, future and transition states, and use these to actively contribute to the development of solution architectures in concurrent projects.
Additional to this, the ICT Solutions Architect will be required to take on the following responsibilities;
- Develop and maintain key Enterprise Architecture artefacts for the Corporate Portfolio.
- Develop current, target and transition states for the Corporate portfolio and other key projects.
- Lead impact analysis for proposed changes (e.g. regulatory change or project scope variation) across the layers of the architecture, governing the inputs from vendors where relevant.
- Provide architecture artefacts and principles to inform program, projects and vendors as requested.
- Work with projects to ensure solution architecture aligns to the agreed Enterprise Architecture standards and patterns, managing a register of technical debt where needed, with future resolution options.
- Provide governance of project solution delivery by vendor teams.
- Present artefacts to the Architectural Governance Committee for approval.
- Be the point of contact for project and vendor teams for architecture information. Provide domain knowledge and technical information to limit impact on subject matter experts.
- Assist projects in the specification and coordination of environment access requests.
- Manage competing work priorities between different projects, and stakeholders, reporting current and future work to management.
- Develop Conceptual Solution Architecture as an input to business case submissions.
- Develop High Level Solution Architectures spanning all layers of the business solution (business, data, application, integration, cyber and infrastructure)
- Experience as a Business Domain / Enterprise Architect and a Solution Architect
- Experience in Corporate Portfolio environment in a large complex organisation
- Demonstrated business acumen and the ability to rapidly understand a business domain, and how technology enables and improves its performance
- Successful track record of developing, communicating and implementing business architecture
- Experience creating current / future application architectures that map applications into business and information architectures
- Demonstrated capability to work with projects and software development teams to align solution architecture to enterprise architecture
- Proven ability to manage and moderate the expectations of a wide group of stakeholders.
- Ability to think beyond the planning horizon with a commercial focus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including stakeholder, vendor and senior executive interaction.
- Enterprise Architecture Framework (TOGAF or equivalent) - Desirable
- Microsoft Azure Solution Architecture Certification (AZ-204, AZ-304)