A successful international business have recently expanded their operations in to Australia; establishing their head office in Brisbane. This company fosters a culture driven by ethics and integrity and their objective is to build an Australian business that continues to treat its customers with respect, meet high levels of compliance and create rewarding careers for its employees.
About The Role
As their Desktop Support Engineer you will have Systems Administrator responsibilities, providing support on a variety of Level 1/2/3 service issues. You will be responsible for identifying, researching, and resolving technical problems with business systems, customer websites and internal users requests.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that all staff receive the highest level of service and are supported in line with the service level obligations.
- Ensure that all publicly available systems (webservers, MSSQL Servers and infrastructure servers) are available and operational during key business hours; ensure that support issues are handled professionally.
- Ensure that all internal infrastructure and virtual desktops (AWS WorkSpaces) are available and operational during key business hours; ensure that support issues are handled professionally.
- Assisting with the configuration, installation, maintenance, upgrade and support of all computer hardware/software used within AWS
- Establish and maintain Patch Management Plans, including patching of servers and end user devices.
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum of 2 years hands on experience systems administration in a growing environment.
- A working knowledge of AWS – (Certification highly regarded)
- Linux and Windows server and Windows desktop administration experience in secure environments
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to listen effectively, diagnose user problems and find investitive solutions by thinking “outside the square” of traditional IT infrastructure.
- A strong desire to learn technologies and be imbedded within the business to ensure that Information Technologies delivers on business requirements.
For further information about this opportunity, please email Alex Birgan at Troocoo, ICT@troocoo.com or call on 0432 562 082 for a confidential discussion.