Backed by strong foundations in QLD communities, this complex, multi entity organisation has evolved significantly and continues to expand its offerings in the sectors it services. Due to an internal move, one of the finance divisions is seeking an experienced Senior Accountant for a two year fixed term contract.
As a Senior Accountant, you will play a key role in supporting the business through significant change as they transition to a new financial management system. Reporting to an experienced Finance Manager, you will be working among a small close knit team which forms part of a larger finance function. Career progression and development opportunities are just two of the benefits that this role have an offer as there is high likelihood of future opportunities becoming available within the team, that you could apply for.
- Developing, documenting and maintaining the delivery of financial reporting month end closure processes
- Developing, documenting, and maintaining cost center and general ledger account structures within the financial management information systems
- Responsibility for managing grant and funding acquittals
- Providing general ledger account reconciliation and verification activities
- Supporting internal and external audit requirements within the financial accounting and reporting team account abilities
- Delivering financial reporting that meets all relevant legislative, accounting standards, regulatory and organisational requirements
- Act as key liaison with stakeholders on project accounting concepts and specification of business requirements as required.
- You will be a CPA or CA with a chartered accounting experience in your earlier work history
- Resilient with a 'hands on' approach
- Significant management accounting experience in a complex multi entity organisation
- Detail orientated with an enjoyment of working in the intricacies of technical accounting
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Advanced excel skills
- Aspirations to develop your career into leadership