Help change veterans’ lives for the better.
RSL Queensland has stood shoulder to shoulder with Queensland’s Defence family for 103 years, and has entered its second century of operations with renewed focus and vision. Their crucial welfare and wellbeing services are enriching the lives of contemporary veterans and their families through counselling, employment and homelessness services, education, rehabilitation and other programs and initiatives.
The driving force behind funding these services is the RSL Art Union Lottery which over the last decade has reached unprecedented growth through market disruption and innovation. We have also adopted cutting edge technologies to streamline operations and create opportunities for ongoing innovation.
Work amongst leading professionals who are pushing the boundaries in contemporary marketing including the adoption of AI, propensity modelling and a customer experience focus.
About the role
This is the role that everybody wants! You have the dream opportunity to assist the Property and Prize Manager with sourcing, purchasing and then project managing the delivery of our Art Union Lotteries prize homes! Here’s what you’ll be doing day to day:
- Recommending potential lotteries properties including land and refurbishments via networks with agents, industry stakeholders and your independent research
- Preparing suitable property reports on key property attributes and timings to distribute to key stakeholders
- Coordinating the renovation, design, specifications and schedules of finish to ensure high quality within the agreed time frames and budgets
- Delivering the successful completion of all property transactions, including price and terms negotiations, ensuring all judicious contract requirements, compliance obligations have been met and identified risks mitigated
- Researching and recommend the purchase of all other components of main prize such as car vouchers – get creative!
- Liaising with the winner of the lottery draw to coordinate handover including title changes, body corporate and general enquiries – see and hear how RSL Queensland has changed someone’s life!
- Collaborate and present property information and findings to the broader lotteries team
- Tertiary qualification in Project Management, Business or related field (or equivalent experience)
- Real estate industry experience with property and/or construction or project management is ideal
- You will have demonstrated ability to identify, nurture and negotiate property deals including contracts
- Demonstrated ability to manage suppliers in construction and/or property industry
- Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver to deadlines
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word). Dynamics experience is an advantage.
- Must have current Australian driver’s licence
We could talk about RSL Queensland’s flexible work arrangements, its fully stocked kitchens and fridges and our Benefits Hub. But the benefits that set us apart include:
- RSL Queensland values all voices – have an influence, be the difference!
- Work in an empowered workforce – your new ideas are encouraged, heard and valued
- Operate in an Agile test and learn culture – fail fast, learn quick!
- Have fun while you work – enjoy regular social and team activities
- RSL Queensland is relaxed but professional – dress for your day
- We are dog friendly – bring your fur baby to work!
- Everything you do contributes to a great cause: supporting Queensland’s veteran community
If this is an opportunity that excites you, please apply today.