Out client is an employer of choice with a proud and loyal workforce, exceptional culture, and a formidable reputation in the Queensland community. This iconic Not-for-profit are rich in history and provide a variety of services throughout Queensland improving people’s lives daily.
About the role:
An exceptional opportunity is now available for an experienced Media and Public Relations Specialist to join the corporate affairs team on a permanent basis. In this highly integral role, you will support the organisation in developing and delivering proactive media and communications, with a focus on identifying the 'good news' stories on behalf of the organisation. To be successful as the Media and Public Relations Specialist, you will have demonstrated experience working in a similar role, ideally exposure to the health sector or large complex organisation.
Other duties include:
- Support the organisation through the implementation of integrated strategic marketing communication and public relations initiatives.
- Develop and implement an annual calendar of strategically-aligned marketing communications, public relations campaigns and events.
- Identify, produce and pitch strategically-aligned stories to local, regional and national print, TV, radio and online media outlets.
- Strategically plan, manage, moderate, and grow the organisations social media presence and follower engagement across a variety of social media platforms.
- Develop strategically aligned engaging content for external and internal organisational use, including but not limited to promotional printed materials, video footage, photography and audio assets.
- Work with wider corporate affairs function to develop public relations and communications campaigns.
- Measure and produce reports on the reach and effectiveness of all strategic marketing and public relations initiatives and activities.
- Degree qualified in journalism, marketing, public relations or relevant discipline.
- Minimum 8 years experience in a similar role.
- Exceptional stakeholder engagement and relationship building skills.
- Strong understanding of journalism and the 24hr news cycle.
- Demonstrated writing and editing experience for traditional and online communication channels with impeccable attention to detail.
- Demonstrated high level written and verbal communication skills.
- Results oriented and able to work independently to deadlines and under pressure.
- Ability to build and sustain positive working relationships, working collaboratively and negotiating with a range of stakeholders, while remaining responsive to change in stakeholder needs.
For further information about this exceptional opportunity, please call Oliver Molinari at Troocoo on 3054 1149
To apply please submit your resume in word format through SEEK and we will be in contact with you shortly.
Thank you for your interest.