Safe Places for Children provides young people at risk with intensive therapeutic support and supervision in a homely and welcoming residential care setting. Since opening their doors in 2006, they have made a difference in the lives of more than 1800 young people ranging in age from young children to 18 years, who exhibit complex emotional and behavioural problems. Their approach is based on small, stable and consistent teams that build trust with the young person, stabilise their behaviours and give them a sense of hope and direction. They are well-known for our excellent training programs and supportive team environment.
This 6 month contract will report to the Senior Human Resources Business Partner and will contribute to the development of attraction and engagement strategies aligned to future workforce capability needs. You will be responsible for the review, assessment and implementation of improvements to the current visa / immigration operational model. This role is a mix of hands on operational support and advice, as well as partnering with HR to make a strategic contribution to the people strategy. This role will require you to:-
- Provide high quality advice in relation to migration matters
- Contribute to strategic international people initiatives such as attraction strategies and workforce planning
- Undertake risk assessment of the utilisation of international labour market
- Develop recommendations for improvements to policies, processes and systems
- Lead the implementation of approved recommendations using change management principles
- Manage existing visa requirements and compliance.
- Solid background working in a visa migration role
- Experience working in recruitment and or HR teams
- Contemporary visa migration experience and proficiency with Australian law
- High level of proficiency in MS Office suite of products
- Demonstrated experience in developing project plans/tools
- Relevant qualifications
- Registered with the Office of the Migration Agent Registration Authority
If this role is of interest to you and you feel you have the desired experience please apply by submitting your application or for further information, please email Megan Kemp at Troocoo - firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 07 3054 1152.
Please note, any applications sent directly to Safe Places for Children will be forwarded on to Troocoo for consideration.