The Aeroklas Australia Group is a major manufacturer and distributor of a wide range of automotive accessories for the OE and Aftermarket industry under brands including Flexiglass, Bocar, Aeroklas and TJM.
The Group specialises in designing, producing and selling automotive accessories across a variety of market sectors. As part of a large international family that’s guided by the Eastern Polymer Group, Aeroklas Australia has a global presence, while they are also continually looking to expand their operations in the Australian automotive industry. Each of the brand’s service a unique segment of the automotive industry with innovative and quality products at their core.
As part of the Aeroklas Australia Group, TJM is backed by a long history of product innovation and an extensive retail network within Australia that is also in demand across the globe. TJM is best known for its patently strong and stylish 4WD vehicle protection, suspension systems, recovery tools and more. Their high standard has seen TJM rise to become a market leader and they are poised for further growth and success. The organisation is ambitious, with strong leadership in place, to take advantage of market opportunities. Significant growth in their retail network, and their outstanding customer service will provide the platforms for future success.
About the role:
Reporting to the Group General Manager and leading an experienced engineering team, the Group Engineering Manager will provide strong leadership to all the Group’s engineering teams. The Group Engineering Manager will be responsible for the design and development of high quality and innovative product, ensuring product developed meets relevant legal and safety rated standards and is done so within the timeframes specified by the business and consistent with market expectations.
Specifically, key accountabilities include:
- Analyse technology and resource needs to support the design and delivery of engineered products consistent with agreed timeframes.
- Plan and direct the installation, testing, operation and maintenance of engineering test facilities and equipment.
- Lead, manage and direct projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities
- Provide guidance and direction to engineering teams, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Support the Quality policy by ensuring Quality in everything that we do
- Ensure product design, quality and testing meets statutory and regulatory compliance and Aeroklas Group Quality Management standards.
- Maintain an awareness of developing technologies in design, materials and production.
- Provide customer support to all OE, Export and Domestic aftermarket networks where applicable.
- Work with Product and Services, Procurement and Quality teams to ensure the successful delivery of 3rd party manufactured product.
Key Skills Required:
With an engineering degree (preferably mechanical), ideally you will have automotive experience and have a passion for the 4WD industry. An ability to analyse both quantitative and qualitative information will be key, as will be an understanding of commercial risk.
To be successful in this role, you will need to combine strong technical capability with outstanding leadership skills. You will be leading a high performing team, so your ability to bring strong EQ to the role, with the skills to get discretionary effort from them will be vital to your team’s growth.
As a member of the Group LT you will bring confidence and authority to the table, but also the willingness to listen and be an effective team member are also essential. Clearly strong stakeholder management skills and agility of thought are pre-requisites.
This is an exciting leadership opportunity for an experienced engineer looking to consolidate their leadership experience in a high performing business. Whilst the challenges of the role will be significant, it provides the platform for a strong leader to really make their mark.
For a strictly confidential discussion, please contact John Baker on 0409 304 823 or Jon Hottot on 0488 420 003. Alternatively, submit your application via the apply button.