TROOCOO are proud to be partnering with a well-known company to all Australians in their search for a General Manager of Procurement, based at their Australian head office. Offering a broad range of products, they are a genuine global leader in the services they provide.
Reporting to a Director of the business and member of the Executive Leadership team the GM of Procurement will be responsible for driving commercial outcomes and challenging industry models to secure competitive advantage.
Please note that our client has a strong preference to source applications from individuals that have had exposure to the insurance sector which will provide a significant advantage in the delivery of the role requirements.
You will have the following skills / background:
- 10 years plus within a procurement and supply leadership setting;
- A proven background in driving performance through accountability;
- Proven leadership in the provision of industry best class contract management processes and formation;
- A demonstrated ability to negotiate business outcomes from complex situations;
- End to end understanding of what is required to deliver exceptional procurement outcomes;
- Previous experience leading teams and being a central liaison between business units;
- A background in the insurance sector is encouraged with motor claims knowledge strongly preferred.
You will have the following personal attributes
- A strong commercial approach to all that you do;
- An ability to build relationships whilst having the tough conversations;
- Able to win the hearts and minds of the people;
- Be comfortable in setting / operating within a high-performance environment.
It is essential that you can establish an effective network of suppliers and national accounts whilst delivering effective governance and monitoring of the same, challenging the industry models to retain competitive advantage. Tertiary qualifications and post graduate qualifications are preferred.
You will be rewarded with a genuine Brisbane based, senior leadership position in the procurement sector.
For a confidential discussion around the role, company and requirements please contact Sean Johnson on 07 3054 1128 or at email@example.com. Alternatively please hit apply to register your interest immediately.