Here at City of Gold Coast, our commitment to a shared set of values shapes our decisions, actions and behaviours towards achieving the City Vision and our many city priorities."
About the Position
The Water, Waste & Energy Directorate is responsible for the delivery of the City's utility services and has a budget of $585 million for 2020-21. The Finance Executive will require exceptional skills relevant to a highly regulated commercial environment and ideally have experience working within a utility business.
Reporting to the Manager Corporate Finance, this highly autonomous role forms a key member of the Corporate Finance Management team and provides financial management advice and support to the Water, Waste & Energy Directorate located in the Nerang Offices. The position will work closely with the Director and the Directorate Management team and be responsible for a small team of finance professionals.
- As a member of the Corporate Finance management team, jointly lead and drive financial management excellence throughout the organisation.
- Establish and maintain a strong financial management environment within the Water, Waste & Energy Directorate.
- Provide sound financial management advice to the Director and Directorate Management Team.
- Build effective relationships based on trust and a desire to provide value added services to the Directorate and the organisation.
- Prepare strategic financial plans that support the Directorate deliverables and financial sustainability of the City.
- Deliver the annual budget and monthly financial reports in accordance with management and regulatory requirements and timelines.
- Manage a team of financial professionals operating in the City's shared services environment.
- Ensure compliance with the City's policies, accounting standards and financial regulations.
- Provide professional advice to various corporate committees and working groups.
- Relevant tertiary or equivalent accounting qualification (CPA/ACA) and/or substantial knowledge and previous experience in financial and commercial management with a sound knowledge of the Australian Accounting Standards and relevant legislation.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, with particular emphasis in the areas of consultation, advocacy, negotiation, influencing, conflict resolution and resilience, while continuing to maintain a team environment based on trust.
- Excellent organisation and project management skills, with the ability to develop, administer, manage and co-ordinate complex processes and projects in order to deliver on multiple deadlines and outcomes.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills with a keen sense of judgement to initiate, formulate, implement, and evaluate new strategies, methodologies, policies and procedures that support the corporate and business needs of the organisation.
- Proven supervisory/management experience gained within a multi-disciplinary function including the ability to develop and motivate staff.
- A demonstrated commitment to safety from both a leadership and a personal perspective.
- A commitment to model the utmost integrity and leadership behaviours.
- Working within a culture that promotes a healthy work life balance and flexible working arrangements;
- A friendly and supportive team where you will be recognised and rewarded;
- Opportunities for professional development training and study assistance to enhance your career progression;
- a competitive remuneration package is on offer, including salary, car allowance, up to 12% employer superannuation contribution and options to salary sacrifice;