A superb opportunity has become available to shape the physical assets of the organisation as a Director of Capital works, reporting through to a highly respected and experienced Director of Built Environment. This role will play a pivotal part in driving the success of an extensive program of capital investment over a medium- and long-term project plan.
Applicants should have the following skills and background:
- Program management experience within a live environment;
- An ability to manage conflicting projects;
- Experience managing refurbishment / replacement and new build;
- An exceptional knowledge of commercial practice within built infrastructure;
- A confident understanding of procurement practice and contract models (inc. Australian standards);
- A strong understanding of capital cost / QS practices;
- Knowledge of construction management and commissioning;
- Highly adept in resource and time planning (allocation);
- A consummate leader in a pressurised environment.
- Highly ethical;
- Values driven in everything you do;
- Highly structured and organised whilst willing to innovate;
- Calm and assured as a leader;
- People and relationship focussed in delivery.
Applications from individuals within large educational institutions, hospitals and engineering / construction consultancies are welcomed.
For more information please contact Sean Johnson (07 3054 1128) or James Foden (07 3054 1147), alternatively please click apply to register your interest in this fantastic opportunity.