Leap in! helps members navigate the complex NDIS system, connect with the right support for their needs and maximise the value of supports they access with their NDIS budgets.
Leap In! currently do clever things with data to assist members to interpret their plan financials and connect with providers near them. As a result, they are looking to take the next step and appoint a Data Scientist to help both the Leap In! business and their customers derive increased value from their data.
This position will afford the successful candidate the opportunity to orchestrate a massive step forward for the operations and products of a fantastic business. Utilising a combination of blue sky thinking and pragmatic delivery, this position will be idea for an altruistically minded Data Scientist who adopts a ‘start-up’ mentality and is searching for a career defining opportunity.
- Liaise with product owners to draw out business requirements;
- Define technical requirements and design analytics solution;
- Develop analytics and reports and ensure quality control of the data pipeline;
- Work with on-shore and off-shore technical teams in building an analytics and reporting pipeline using continuous delivery principles;
- Dovetail into the agile delivery cadence and practice of the tech delivery team;
- Mine and analyse large volumes of complex data from multiple sources using knowledge of machine learning, modelling, statistics and analytics to solve business problems and find actionable insights to drive business growth;
- Proactively search for process improvement opportunities and technologies to meet company goals;
- Develop visualisations and reports to easily communicate information and insights to the GM, leadership team, board and other internal and external stakeholders;
- Assist the business in understanding the power and value of an analytical and data led decision making
- Qualification in Mathematics, Statistics, Analytics, Data Science, Econometrics or Computer Science
- Deep understanding and experience of machine learning concepts techniques from data/feature engineering, EDA, model building, testing and validation and continuous integration and deployment best practices
- Experienced using a range of analytics tools, such as SQL, R, AWS tools, Power BI.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to deliver complex ideas to non-technical audiences
- Commercial and pragmatic mindset
Leap in! welcomes and encourages interest from people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People and people with diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
For more information or a general discussion regarding your this opportunity, please contact Gerard Creedon – Director Technology and Transformation on 07 3054 1142 / firstname.lastname@example.org