TROOCOO is working with the Queensland division of a faith based church who are a part of one of the world’s largest iconic faith based Not for Profit organisations. The district consists of congregations and agencies offering services such as Education, Youth and Early Childhood and Aged Care Services.
The role reports to the Board and is responsible for developing and managing the Governance and Regulatory Compliance. The position will provide the vision, leadership and support through and beyond a crucial organisational governance change period. The organisation is committed to delivering an important governance and administrative change journey and this role plays a significant part in supporting the successful achievement of strategies.
Key Role Requirements:
- Review standards and practices relating to regulatory compliance and risk.
- Create and build a compliance framework and measure the current risk culture and appetite on an ongoing basis.
- Embed governance into the organisation at all levels and develop a collaborative strategy for administrative functions across the group.
- Ensure sufficient management measures in place to detect and mitigate risk.
- Train and deliver Risk in an easy to understand manner across the organisation.
- Influence without authority as you will partner with the SLT.
- Build an accountable and responsible culture and developing a high performing function.
- Identify business risks and opportunities.
- Bring new ideas and initiatives to fruition.
- An ability to think strategically as well as gaining a deep understanding of business processes, operational challenges and drivers.
- Formal qualifications in either Finance, Business, Legal or HR
- Effective stakeholder management and negotiations skills
- An ability to embed a continuous improvement culture
- Be active in mission programs and a commitment to mission values
- Comfortable within a project and strategy delivery environment