My client is a national business with significant growth potential. It operates in a growth market with favourable dynamics with clear opportunities for further success. With an overseas owner, the Non Executive Director will guide and support local leadership to deliver the business strategy and performance in Australia.
About the role:
Reporting to the internationally based Board, and operating in an advisory capacity, the purpose of the role is to support and advise the country leadership, whilst also protecting the parent company’s interests. A role that would suit an experienced industry non-executive with the ability to suitably balance the needs of both local leadership and the parent, this is a pivotal role in the Australian business’ future success. It is a part time role which will require a varying level of time commitment depending on the situation.
Specifically, key accountabilities include:
- Providing advice and guidance to the local leadership to support the achievement of their goals.
- Acting as an advisor to the international Board to help them understand the Australian market and relevant legislation
- Supporting the international Board achieve their goals in the local market
- Supporting the business in identifying emerging trends and changes in the market, and business improvement initiatives
- Representing the company in their major client, supplier and industry body relationships where required.
Key Skills Required:
To be considered for the position, you will be an experienced non executive director with experience in the sales and distribution market. B2B and B2C experience will be required, as will strong leadership ability. Experience working in an international context will be viewed favourably. Ideally you will have previously held a CEO or CFO executive role within a listed organisation.
This is exciting role in a business with clear growth opportunities. It is a remunerated position suited to someone who can bring relevant knowledge, experience and gravitas to the role. While the company is headquartered in Brisbane, the location for this role can be flexible, as long as there is a willingness to be present in Brisbane on a regular basis.
For a strictly confidential discussion, please contact John Baker, Director - Executive on 0409 304 823. Alternatively, submit your application (CV and maximum 2 page cover letter) via the apply button