People Helping People. It’s at the heart of everything UnitingCare Queensland (UnitingCare) do. As the health and community service provider of the Uniting Church they’ve supported people across Queensland for over 100 years. And while each of their 400 locations offers unique challenges and rewards, their 17,000 staff and 9000 volunteers are all united by a single mission – to improve the health and wellbeing of people in communities across Queensland and the Northern Territory. Their services encompass eight major brands including UnitingCare, Blue Care, The Wesley Hospital, St Andrew’s War Memorial Hospital, Buderim Private Hospital and St Stephens Hospital, Lifeline, and Australian Regional and Remote Community Services (ARRCS).
UnitingCare are looking for passionate individuals who share their values and are driven to make a real difference in the lives of those who need it most – including the elderly, those with disabilities, children, families and Indigenous people.
About the role:
UnitingCare has recently embarked on a new and exciting corporate renewal, which is creating a stronger business model to deliver the organisation’s long-term strategy. This corporate transformation is delivering on a single vision with a united voice, stronger partnerships, and the ability to make an even greater impact on the people and communities they serve.
Working closely with the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) and reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Information Officer will provide strong leadership in driving digital enablement, influential leadership and support in the ongoing consolidation, strengthening, and development of UnitingCare’s dynamic group of brands. This pivotal role will support business units and support functions to drive change, optimisation, efficiencies and continuous improvement while aligning to the mission, goals and the 2030 company vision.
This is a role that requires a strong influencer who can deliver strategic leadership to create an environment conducive to improving value through business optimisation. The Chief Information Officer needs to work collaboratively with the ELT to manage both employee, stakeholder and customer expectations at a holistic level to boost overall service delivery, business growth, and profitability while adhering to UnitingCare’s mission and values.
Specifically, key accountabilities include:
- Identifying and exploring areas of opportunity for cost effective operating models and processes, driving value for money processes, technology, partnerships and outcomes.
- Collaborating with the Executive team and Senior leaders in the planning and development of corporate information systems and technology strategies, in particular providing technology insights and external perspectives.
- Leading the strategic development of organisational information systems and technology capabilities, ensuring the future sustainability of UnitingCare.
- Leading collaborative and co-designed solutions to drive changes which enable an improved customer value proposition, taking accountability for internal and external user experience.
- Providing executive leadership in the delivery of efficient, cost effective, reliable, customer focused services, while ensuring risks are always effectively mitigated.
- Implementing significant cultural and business changes across the organisation, driving improved processes and procedures that ensure the operation of successful services that drive business goals.
- Actively building strong relationships with external partners to foster highly efficient commercial outcomes.
- As a member of the ELT take responsibility for key management decisions to ensure the effective operations of UnitingCare Queensland.
- Ensuring alignment with UnitingCare’s cultural intent, values and strategic priorities.
- Creating a values-driven, safe employment environment that attracts, engages and retains skilled employees and volunteers.
To be considered for the position, you will be an exceptional people leader who can demonstrate extensive experience and a record of achievement as a C-suite executive leading information systems, applications and technology services in a large and complex business.
You will need to bring a strong technology background with a proven track record in embedding clear strategic frameworks that drives value for money business outcomes. Your ability to engage others and embrace organisational change with a client service ethos is critical.
You will also bring a demonstrated ability to lead and motivate high performing technical teams to deliver key business outcomes, whilst working collaboratively with the ELT to unite UnitingCare behind a shared vison. You will also have a proven track record in leading outcome-based and customer-centric information technology change and renewal.
Your previous experience will also need to demonstrate your capabilities in maximising cost efficiencies and effective practices across information systems and technology services.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a high-profile Queensland organisation in an influential senior executive role.
For more information on this executive appointment or to receive a role briefing pack, please email Callan Raine at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please submit your application (Resume and 1-2 page cover letter stating your interest and motivation, & summary that demonstrates your achievements and suitability as relevant to this appointment) via the link.
Applications closes Monday 15 June 2020.