About the client:
Spinal Life Australia is a leading Queensland provider of advocacy, therapy, and support for individuals with spinal cord damage. Since 1960 Spinal Life Australia has developed specialist knowledge in order to improve outcomes for those with spinal cord damage in their quest to live independently in an equitable, inclusive and integrated community. An opportunity is now available for a Chief Human Resources Officer to join the leadership team with the view to drive the overall people strategy in line with the organisation strategy and vision.
About this critical appointment:
- Design and implement the three-year strategic human resources plan, and establish people processes and systems that foster a healthy organisational culture and increase employee engagement.
- Increase simplicity, visibility and understanding of HR policies and procedures across the organisation.
- Develop and deliver on the learning and development strategy for the organisation and ensure employees have access to continuous learning and professional growth opportunities.
- Identify legislative and policy development impacts and standards within the workforce and ensure Spinal Life Australia is adhering to and compliant within the requirements.
- Develop the organisational performance strategy and work with the CEO and leadership team to deliver on this.
- Implement and maintain workplace health and safety, risk management and well-being programs for the organisation.
- Tertiary qualifications in Human Resources or related discipline.
- Demonstratable capability developing and executing people strategies aligned to the company’s objectives.
- Extensive senior, generalist human resources experience in an award environment, with the knowledge of government and or the disability sector advantages, but not essential.
- Experience leading and developing teams, with experience as a trusted advisor to the CEO and executive team.
- You will be energetic, passionate, resilient and a strong team player.
- Ability to uphold Spinal Life Australia’s values and mission always.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity. For further information please contact Liana Callaghan, on 07 3054 1123.
Alternatively, if you are interested in the position, please apply below and we will make sure we will get back to your application shortly.
Thank you for your interest.