In these extremely challenging times, I wanted to share some views on ways to look after your mental health and wellbeing during difficult situations. Hopefully, this helps people in my network.
2. Be active
3. Take notice
4. Keep learning
The next few months will be extremely tough for everybody, so it’s going to be important to prioritise our mental health and wellbeing. This research (source - https://au.reachout.com/) indicates that if we focus on these five areas for as little as 30-minutes a day, for 21-days, then it will make a huge difference for people.
Here are some of the expert’s ideas that I wanted to share:
1. Tend to your existing relationships. Checking in on friends, colleagues and loved ones, no matter the physical (or emotional) distance, can help keep you connected to your support network.
2. Regular exercise, a healthy diet and sufficient sleep will be critical. Even at home you can stretch every hour, stand up and move around every hour, and exercise in your house.
3. Mindfulness is the practice of being aware of the present moment and staying focused on it. This can help you regain a sense of calm and control. Learn to meditate. Mindfulness meditation can be a great tool for building a sense of calm.
4. Learning new things is a great way to keep your brain active.
It can help to boost our self-confidence and self-esteem. During these tough times learning can provide an effective way to broaden your mind.
5. Scientific studies show that helping others makes us happier.
It increases life satisfaction, provides a sense of meaning and reduces stress. In tough times, practice empathy and identify ways that you can improve the lives of those around you. Everyone benefits from this act of kindness.
Let’s continue to support each other through this extremely challenging time.
Troocoo partner with the incredible ReachOut Australia who work towards improving well-being and mental health awareness. If you or someone close to you needs support during this time, Reachout Australia have shared a list of confidential and 24/7 services on their website: https://au.reachout.com/urgent-help