Credit Union Australia (CUA) is an organisation that is driven by a passionate and genuine desire to make a difference and help their members enrich their lives. When you join CUA you have a chance to be part of something different in a growing organisation that seeks to put its members at its heart. With CUA, profits go back to customer as better rates and lower fees to provide its members with better-value banking. This is an organisation that has a great appreciation for the importance of their brand and its connection to core values, so you will be highly valued and integral in their ongoing success. At CUA you will see the results of your work, be recognised for your achievements and be provided with the support you need to grow both personally and professionally.
About the role:
Reporting to the Head of Products you play a critical role in the Products leadership team and are a key influencer across the organisation.
As the Senior Product Owner for Mortgages you are accountable for ensuring the mortgages product delivery meets the expectations of our internal and external members. You will report to the Head of Products and work closely with the Senior Product Manager, Mortgages. You will work to deliver a simple product offering that supports the CUA Strategy and Vision. The Senior Product Owner is part of the delivery team and acts as a conduit between business areas and the delivery team, translating organisational member needs into deliverable products and user stories. You lead and provide direction, prioritisation and guidance to delivery teams and ensure they understand the business impact and benefits of the changes they are delivering. This is achieved through collaboration with business stakeholders and by being proactive in determining business priorities and advanced planning.
You will also be responsible for:
- Prioritising work for Home Loan Transformation, the loan origination program as well as prioritising work for the Product team ensuring that the outcomes are aligned to overall business strategies.
- Providing risk guidance to ensure products remain compliant and ensuring appropriate stakeholders are engaged.
- Representing the Head of Products at various forums making decisions on their behalf while ensuring alignment to product and group strategy.
- Identifying areas of opportunity to reduce costs and improve efficiency across the mortgages process in both front and back offices.
- Working with key partners to make changes to process to ensure CUA are maximising risk appetite.
- Working closely with the delivery team to ensure high quality solutions are developed.
This is a critical appointment for CUA, therefore we are looking for an exceptional Product Leader with experience creating a culture of collaboration, team work, commitment to excellence and a professional ethic that enables the achievement of team and organisational objectives.
In order to be successful you will possess:
- Demonstrated relationship management, consulting, negotiation and facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated strategic and tactical thinking with proven implementation of successful people strategies.
- Minimum 10 years experience in a senior Products role within Financial Services, specifically mortgage product / process improvement area.
- Experience leading and delivering medium to large size projects and managing dependencies in complex environments.
- A strong understanding of Agile and are able to work as Product Owner in an agile environment.
- Demonstrated experience in managing stakeholder expectations and coordinating dependencies.
- Demonstrated experience converting features to user stories, prioritising user stories and proactively managing and prioritising product backlogs.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with Delivery Managers, Technical Leaders and Vendors around requirements and priorities.
- Degree qualification in Commerce / Finance.
In this role you will have the chance to be part of something truly different and work for Australia's largest customer-owned financial institution. For further information please call Graeme Lammie on 07 3054 1148 or to apply please submit your application in word format and we will be in contact with you shortly in follow up. Thank you again for your interest in this fantastic opportunity.