- Key executive appointment | Digital Information Services Branch
- Highly desirable location | Executive remuneration package
- Lead IT service excellence and digital transition
The Sunshine Coast is widely acknowledged as one of the most desirable places in the world to live and work. It is set to become a leading regional economic powerhouse with a progressive approach to sustainable economic growth and outstanding opportunities, which are unrivalled elsewhere in Australia.
The Sunshine Coast is building a new economy with massive capital investment to occur in a new City Centre, an international airport and leading health and education precincts. Its connectivity with international markets is growing and it has excellent investment conditions.
The game changing projects will transform the Sunshine Coast economy, its employment base and its investment potential and it has never been a better time to join the outstanding Sunshine Coast Council where its workforce is its greatest asset.
About the role:
In this pivotal appointment for council, you will be the expert IT advisor for Sunshine Coast Council leading the Digital Information Services Branch in the delivery of ICT services as well as supporting businesses with transition to the cloud and greater workforce mobility. In this exceptional leadership role, you will report to the Group Executive Business Performance, and as a key member of the team, contribute to the objectives and goals of the Sunshine Coast Council.
Specifically, responsibilities include:
- Lead the Digital Information Services Branch to deliver the ICT strategy and strategic road map to help position the organisation to perform today and in to the future.
- Lead and manage a transition to an enterprise architecture capable of realising the benefits of cloud and other digital technologies; whilst also balancing the requirements to perform key ICT service delivery with secure and efficient supporting infrastructure.
- Through business partnering, you will build capability to support and enable the benefits of the transition – including workforce mobility; and the implementation of an enterprise program management suite of systems.
- You will inspire service excellence in the delivery of key ICT services, managing the customer experience through the monitoring and performance of secure and efficient IT infrastructure, technical support, systems and solutions delivery.
- Manage the design of suitable architecture, roadmaps, budgeting and project delivery to help the business to achieve its corporate goals. Managing system development, integration and advancement through data analytics of aligned corporate priorities.
- Manage strong ICT governance, risk, budget and operations in a government setting ensuring compliance with legislation and industry standards.
- Most importantly, provide great leadership supporting your teams to learn, grow and build organisational IT capability. Engaging with your peers to work as one team; to manage change whilst fostering a work culture reflective of Council’s corporate values.
- A great leader, with a wealth of experience successfully leading large and diverse IT teams to run and grow; coupled with relevant tertiary qualifications ideally post graduate level.
- A strong vision and track record of achievement with expertise to lead planned transition to the cloud – preferably SaaS, Azure or AWS.
- You will possess strong business partnering capability with rich business insights in order to lead change and orchestrate strategic and integrated IT solutions. You will have experience leading workforce transition to mobility and the implementation of an enterprise program management suite of systems such as customer relations, asset management, and human capital management.
- You will be an influential leader who can inspire purpose and vision to lead people, build capability, manage good governance, finance and risk as well as engage stakeholders and work collaboratively.
For a strictly confidential discussion, please contact Andrew Pyke on 07 3054 1121 / 0402 428 873. Alternatively, submit your application via the apply button, or email email@example.com