Pivotel is an Australian owned and operated mobile satellite communications company. They have a remote solution that keeps everyone, and everything connected, no matter where they are. They are passionate about and continue to invest in Research & Development and new technologies for future growth around remote connectivity.
Headquartered here in Queensland, with operations across Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and America, they are now seeking a Government Business Development Specialist to join the team in Sydney. This is an exciting newly created field-based role that will be responsible for uncovering new business opportunities providing solutions and services across the full suite of products and services available, with a focus on growing our footprint in the market.
Pivotel is looking for someone who has a passion for identifying new opportunities and converting these leads into significant sales using a consultative and personable approach.
- To win new and strategic business opportunities.
- Design, plan and execute sales strategies.
- Build and maintain accurate and profitable pipelines.
- Help improve the brand awareness of the company.
- Grow Pivotel’s market share in NSW
- Achieve your sales, Gross Profit and other target.
- Deliver presale’s activities such as prospecting, presenting, quoting and proposals.
- Organise and attend face to face client meetings in support of Sales efforts.
- Engage internally to ensure the correct resource to facilitate pre-sales activities.
- Contribute to the sales planning and forecasting processes.
- Proven similar BDM experience selling Telecommunications, IT or network solutions to mid-level, Enterprise and/or Government organisations.
- Existing relationships across NSW Government customers.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to engage and build rapport.
- Tenacious attitude toward towards progressing business.
- Free thinking, troubleshooting problem solver.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Proven history of achievement in previous outcomes-focused sales roles.
- Experience in telecommunications or technology sales highly desirable.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise work and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Driver’s license and ability to travel regionally.
- 8+ years Sales experience working in a face to face environment.