Pragmatic Thinking knows a thing or two about high performance. As a trusted partner to Australia’s most recognisable brands, they’ve also grown rapidly, placing on the Australian Financial Review Fast 100 List for the previous 3 years.
Through psychology, biology, sociology and anthropology (and a few other ‘ologies) they bring a science-based approach to their work, looking for contemporary and practical ways to make change happen and drive cultural shifts inside organisations.
They are now seeking a Business Development Manager to help find these leaders and drive the continued growth of the company and deliver their intent if ‘making a difference to the difference-makers’.
About the role:
Reporting into the Director of Business, the Business Development Manager is a key lead generation person in the organisation. The role requires a live network of decision makers who can be readily accessed for business development purposes and will suit someone who understands executive challenges and wants to out-and-about in the marketplace.
The Business Development Manager will identify opportunities to effect positive change with these leaders and their teams and find opportunities to link in Pragmatic Thinking’s multi-disciplinary team to provide a solution, whether it be training, consultancy or blended services.
About the person:
In order to be successful in this role you will have managed client relationships at a senior level and feel really comfortable chatting to them about anything from their weekend to their biggest issues that they’re dealing within the organisation.
Further to this you:
- Are highly organised and able to manage your own workload, priorities and tasks to achieve goals. You’ll be out of the office most of the time, so you’ll need to be on top of all the admin and putting the important tasks first.
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a B2B Business Development role selling high value services. You’ll love sales and thrive on making a difference.
- Have 2 years’ experience in selling Learning and Development services to large organisations. L&D will be your thing and your favourite service you have sold.
- Have the ability to research a market sector and identify prospective clients with that market including the development of their own pipeline of leads. You will need to be inquisitive and be able to get the best out of wandering down the rabbit hole of industry and organisation research.
- Are comfortable using HubSpot or a Similar CRM to manage a BD pipeline. You’ll recognise that the CRM is your assistant in maintaining close relationships and a part of your daily routine.
- You’ll need to be able to converse to a wide variety of clients. Pragmatic Thinking has clients in a huge range of industries, tackling a wide array of challenges. The work will be dynamic and different, not same and regular.
- Understand the challenges organisations face in relation to leadership and culture and be able to apply an approach to improve or enhance a situation. You’ll need empathy and be able to triage a situation for a client or prospect.
- Will be able to deliver a compelling pitch to groups including senior executives. You’ll shine and captivate your audience with your delivery.
- Can develop a compelling sales approach to prospective clients which clearly addresses their needs. Your imagination and written content will come together to deliver a well thought out, interesting and compelling proposal.
- Have the ability to conduct a thorough needs analysis of a prospective client to understand their explicit and implied needs. It’s all about them. You need to get to know your clients and how they tick.
- Can identify networking opportunities and comfortably network in formal and informal settings. It’s important to be working the room at a function and walk away with a stack of real connections to follow up.
- Work independently, autonomously and occasionally remotely. Hours will vary depending on workload including evenings and weekends. It’s not a 9 to 5 job but you’ll enjoy every minute.
- Maintain and grow your LinkedIn profile to promote yourself and PT. You will love posting great ideas and the wonderful work of PT
Please note, any applications sent directly to Pragmatic Thinking will be forwarded on to Troocoo for consideration.