Troocoo are proud to be partnering with a progressive medical imaging organisation dedicated to providing quality, compassionate care for their clients. Their highly trained clinical and support team share a passion for innovation and continuous improvement, while embracing change and creating a collaborative working environment. This thriving organisation is sourcing a qualified Workplace Health and Safety Lead to join their professional team during their next phase of growth as an organisation.
About the role
Our client is looking for a high performing, experienced Workplace Health and Safety Lead to join their established business in a permanent capacity. Reporting to the Group Executive of Quality, Innovation and Performance you will support the development and implementation of the group safety strategy.
As WHS Lead, you will advise on all Health and Safety matters, focusing on continuous improvement, innovation and promoting a strong safety culture. Whilst role modeling best safety practices, you will work proactively to assess, investigate and mitigate all safety risks. Day to day you will:
- Develop, implement and maintain all Workplace Health and Safety standards, policies and procedures, in line with relevant laws and regulations.
- Advise the executive team and board on all WHS trends, based on monthly reporting.
- Develop and shape the safety framework and strategy across the business.
- Work in partnership with the broader Quality and People team to drive safety outcomes.
- Conduct risk assessments and investigations - managing all corrective and preventative action identified through the process.
- Chair the Group WHS committee, advising on best practice.
- Provide accurate communication with leaders on all business, environmental and market safety objectives.
You will be an experienced Workplace Health and Safety professional looking to grow your career with a successful healthcare provider. You will enjoy working in a positive, fast paced environment delivering Workplace Health and Safety advice across a broad range of matters. You have the capability to build relationships and communicate effectively with a broad range of stakeholders. Building on your previous WHS experience, you will be willing to learn and apply detailed legal, technical and regulatory information within the business. You will also have:
- Experience as a Workplace Health and Safety professional with supporting tertiary qualifications.
- Working knowledge of Hazard Management Principals, Work Health and Safety Act and related legislations.
- Strong communication and influencing abilities, along with excellent analytical, investigative and judgement capabilities.
- The ability to operate strategically and operationally and support the administrative side of the WHS function
- Experience or ability to develop a WHS function in a thriving multi-site business.
For a confidential conversation please reach out to Jess O'Neill on 0431 132 206 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.