Troocoo Government are currently aiding in the recruitment of of a talented Training Specialist to join a large QLD State Government Department. This is a full-time contract engagement, initially until 30th of June 2024. This role is based out of the Brisbane CBD.
Please note that this role may require travel at times, and candidates with a C (Car) Class Drivers License would be preferred.
As the Training Specialist you will be required to undertake the effective development and delivery of the training aspects across the Department. You will be responsible for instructional design and leading face-to-face facilitation for end users.
As the Training Specialist you will be required (however not limited) to:
- Facilitate instructor-led training, conduct assessments and post-training coaching sessions.
- Translate technical requirements and information into clear and simple language to develop creative instructor-led training packages (e.g. Facilitator Guides, Participant Workbooks and Quick Reference Guides).
- Actively participate in working groups to support holistic and in-depth knowledge of new systems, processes, software and hardware.
- Track system defects and resolutions and associated interim instructions.
- Create high quality, modern and aesthetically pleasing PowerPoint presentations and other training collateral.
- Collaboratively consult with Project Managers, Business Analysts, Change Managers and SMEs to understand learning goals and translate business processes into real-life, interactive scenarios.
- Facilitate webinars and other online training seminars when instructor-led training is not possible.
- Develop end user learning pathways, test eLearning modules and report on user completion and evaluations.
- Prepare comprehensive and professional reports and maintain accurate training and assessment documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise and schedule/organise individual workload and achieve outcomes within negotiated timeframes and deadlines.
- Comfort with the requirement to work on concurrent training packages and be an enthusiastic problem solver for a wide array of small and large tasks.
- Thorough knowledge of instructional design methodologies suitable for instructor-led training package development in an adult learning environment.
- Systems training and eLearning experience will be highly regarded.