With 6 campuses and over 50,000 students, Griffith University is a values-led University that has grown over the last 40 years to be ranked in the top 2% of universities globally. Griffith has a rich history of pioneering new directions and has shifted from being a relatively small, single-campus university to a large, multi-campus university with over 4,000 employees which provides comprehensive research and teaching across South East Queensland.
This position sits within Griffith University’s eResearch and Specialised Platforms team where you will be afforded the opportunity to work on truly unique research-based projects. You will perform varied software development activities around initiatives such as climate change projects, social justice projects, and modern history projects.
This team works directly with researchers to improve research capability and impact from their research utilising ICT, leveraging enterprise and cloud infrastructure. The team provides an integrated set of flexible, yet sustainable support services that align with University research goals and directions.
This is a permanent full-time opportunity, based at the Nathan campus. Working in a team of 6, in this software engineering position, you will be responsible for analysing and designing technology solutions including architecture to meet specific needs of the customer. You will develop/code, configure and maintain business functionality including applications and infrastructure, integrate and coordinate applications and infrastructure to deliver business outcomes, and drive interoperability.
- Design, code, test and debug complex software while developing new functionality, and enhancing existing functionality.
- Undertake complete design of moderately complex software applications or components applying agreed standards, patterns and tools.
- Design test cases and test scripts under own direction, mapping back to pre-determined criteria, recording and reporting outcomes.
- Use the tools and techniques for specific areas of release and deployment activities.
- Identify and resolve issues with applications, following agreed procedures.
- Foster a positive and creative approach to solution design and delivery – usually their wont be a template solution for what you will work on!
- Design end to end technology solutions from architecture through to release;
- Implement Test-Driven development using test automation tools as part of the CI/CD pipeline;
- Ability to translate business needs to technical requirements;
- Experience working with a team of professionals, drawing on their expertise when required, and being supported to learn new skills on the job.
- Strong communication with all team members and provide mentoring to less experienced team members.
- Be accountable, add value and demonstrate your problem-solving skills.
The role is an excellent opportunity to develop your career and software development skillset within a team of excellent Engineers who value working on unique projects.
Griffith University are an employer of choice that value their people and ensures their staff maintains a good work/life balance to sustain good health. In support of this, Griffith University provides a range of leave options and discounted health plans to their staff. They also provide flexible working arrangements such as a flexible work year, reversible part-time hours and variable hours.
If you are interested to hear more about this opportunity, please submit your application to this advert or email through any queries to Alex Birgan – firstname.lastname@example.org