Our client is a large-scale infrastructure business with aggressive growth plans over the next 8-years. This newly created Senior Strategic Supply Chain Manager is focused on supporting the growth and responsible for developing the strategic plan and developing improvement opportunities across the business. This is focused on Supplier Relationship Management (SRM), Supply Chain Risk, and Contract Management.
This position has a senior role within the Supply Chain function both from a customer interface perspective and supporting other Supply Chain functions and resource.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Individually and with Managers, ensure understanding and engagement with vision, purpose, and strategic and stakeholder considerations at Manager and Team levels.
- Inspire confidence and urgency within the group and across the Business Unit for the delivery of timely, high-quality service to internal and external customers.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement.
- Work with internal customers to develop and implement strategic planning for Supply Chain which provides a long term forecast of the Supply Chain requirements to support the strategic goals of the business.
- Provide leadership and governance of the key supplier arrangements to drive increased customer satisfaction and risk reduction through management of improvement initiatives.
- Develop, Implement and Manage a standardised Contract Management process to mitigate contractual issues and improve supplier performance.
- Pro-actively identifying longer-term supply chain challenges, opportunities and developing the business case to action broader initiatives.
- Develop and Manage the Supply Chain long term plan focusing on growth and development of the wider business and align Supply Chain and Supplier objectives with the business.
- Drive Supply Chain improvement initiatives, special business projects that require dedicated focus and support.
- An extensive background in supply chain management and transformation
- Previous experience managing small to medium sized teams
- Experience within the infrastructure, utilities, energy, or construction industries is preferred
- Confident influencing & relationship management skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong continuous improvement mindset
- Applicants with related tertiary qualifications are welcomed
Click ‘Apply’ or contact Laura Gibbons on email@example.com / 0411 193 234 for more information.