About our client:
Our client is a highly successful fintech organization based in the Sydney CBD. With a reputation predicated on quality of service to clients and offering un-paralleled career opportunities to its employees, this company has become a destination of choice for the very best data talent in Sydney.
The role ensures the systems and services within the Data and Integration for Messaging, Mediation and Data Distribution are developed and maintained using sound business and technology management practices and support the Data and Integration strategy.
Outstanding business and technology leadership skills and a strong engineering background are required, as is a strategic mindset.
- Live our client Values to; Be Open, Be Trustworthy, Be Original and Be The Example
- Provide Solution Engineering leadership for the Data & Integration Technology.
- Be the Platform Service Owner for Messaging, Mediation and Data Distribution
- Establish an engineering capability to design, develop and operate robust and innovative solutions in line with the Data & Integration and Technology strategy.
- Establish an environment to attract and retain high calibre engineering talent.
- Establish and implement a comprehensive stakeholder management plan to ensure Messaging, Mediation and Data Distribution services are successfully delivering value to internal and external customers.
- Setting the directions for the additional development tools used for supporting Messaging, Mediation and Data Distribution Technology
- As a key member of the Data & Integration leadership team, contribute to the strategic direction of the wider D&I Technology strategy and their strategy.
- Actively contribute to the engineering community of practice representing Data & Integration.
- Develop Plans with 1–3-year timeframes for the Messaging, Mediation and Data Distribution (both areas with aged assets and areas for optimisation)
- Manage a talent and partner pipeline to ensure that the Messaging, Mediation and Data Distribution has appropriately skilled resources to meet objectives and commitments.
- Set performance objectives and development plans. Monitor progress against agreed quality and performance criteria.
- Manage the cost centre from a budget perspective, ensuring appropriate capex recoverability and responsible financial management. Provide input and budgets for 5-year business planning.
- Lead and plan engineering process improvement activities to improve efficiency, quality, speed, automation, knowledge management and to exploit new technologies.
- Actively manage all knowledge required for the on-going efficient and timely delivery of engineering services (software, data and systems engineering)
The successful candidate has managing integration platform & engineering (Data Software) with a relation in Google cloud.
- Successfully lead an engineering capability in a complex fast-paced financial services or regulated environment
- Experience in managing a contemporary visual analytics and operational reporting team delivering services enabled experiences to a broader business.
- Exhibited a people leadership style that is values-based, contemporary and approachable, engendering a collaborative and high performing team culture
- Demonstrable experience in building leadership capability, developing talent and succession planning
- Consultative executive-level relationship management experience and expertise, practiced in large and complex organisations. Able to negotiate and balance concerns of multiple stakeholders
- High-level analytical capabilities, applied to complex data and engineering challenges and solutions
Individuals who have a positive attitude, a clear sense of initiative and be passionate about self-development will suit our client’s culture.
And if you’ve got some of this, even better:
- Capital markets experience
- Experience in the management of integration platforms, messaging platforms (e.g. Apache Kafka, TIBCO EMS), containerised workloads (K8s), google cloud native services (Pub/Sub, Dataflow)
- Experience in navigating and delivering the organisational changes required (both business and technical) to realise the benefits of technology platforms and transformations.
- Permanent role / Hybrid work arrangements
- Can consider the candidates from Sydney
- An annual package $ 220 incl super + performance around