Troocoo is proud to partnering with a well-known, respected brand on the North side of Brisbane in their search for a Senior Human Resources Advisor – Employee Relations. With a strong and diverse workforce, our client is dedicated to serving the community and consistently delivering an exceptional experience for residents and visitors. As a values-driven organisation, they are committed to the development and growth of their people. Offering a supportive and collaborative workplace, our client highlights a culture of trust, and provides an environment where employees feel valued.
About the Role
As a Senior Human Resources Advisor – Employee Relations, you will partner with the People, Culture and Safety team as well as the leadership team, to provide specialist advice in the areas of industrial and employee relations. Reporting into the People Experience Manager, your focus will be to coach, educate and advise on a range of matters including complex case management and enterprise agreements. You will also support the broader People and Culture function in ensuring that policies, processes and procedures are interpreted and applied. You will build genuine relationships with key stakeholders to better understand the needs of your client group as you positively represent the business with the goal of enhancing the employee experience and positioning our client as an employer of choice in Queensland.
Day to day:
- Provide specialist advice and case management support on employee and industrial relations matters.
- Support the consultation and negotiation around Enterprise Bargaining.
- Develop and deliver coaching for managers around employee relations policy and practice.
- Work collaboratively with the People & Culture team to implement best practice and continuously improve operations, policies, and procedures, in line with regulations and the strategic business objectives.
- Develop, analyse, and maintain reporting methods to ensure accurate representation of the function to the greater business.
You will be an experienced human resource and employee relations professional, focused on delivering successful outcomes for both the employee and the business. Your positive approach to coaching and advice will shine as you build relationships with leaders across the business. You understand the necessity for excellent communication and compliance in a multi-disciplinary environment, while maintaining an emphasis on employee engagement and experience.
You will also have:
- Strong understanding and application experience of employee relations frameworks, legislations, acts and awards.
- Solid influencing ability with a contemporary and commercial approach to decision making.
- A confident, proactive and solutions focused approach to situations.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct research-based analysis and problem solving, to summarise complex issues, identify trends and emergent issues and develop recommendations and options for their resolution.