About our client:
Our client is a highly successful financial institution based in the Sydney CBD. With a reputation predicated on quality of service to clients and offering un-paralleled career opportunities to its employees, this company has become a destination of choice for the very best data talent in Sydney.
About your new role:
This is your exciting opportunity for a Senior Technical Business Analyst to join a well-renowned financial institution and be a key abler for the analysis, design, and development of solutions across the Data and Integrations team. You will have the opportunity to evolve, improve and extend existing data-centric solutions, plus introduce new concepts to improve business process effectiveness and minimise risk.
- Working with Project managers to create a business case for a new/uplifted service
- Work with stakeholders to perform deep dives, discovery, and gap analysis on the As-Is / To-Be state of data-centric solutions
- Write user stories and acceptance criteria for functional and non-functional/technical requirements and present the stories to stakeholders
- Analyse and map process flows and system data flows and associated life cycle events
- Use formal modeling techniques to assist in the representation of business requirements
- Review and contribute to specific test scenarios and the overall Test Strategy
- Liaise with IT solution providers (internal & external) on progress and problem resolution
- Work with Change Management to ensure a smooth implementation and transition phase
- Demonstrated track record working with traditional data warehousing, ETL tools and database technology (SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata, Netezza, SAP Data Services, Tibco Spotfire/EMS, Tableau, Kafka)
- Experience with Data Management practices (Data cataloguing, Data Quality, Data Lineage capabilities, Metadata Management)
- Experience working on agile, lean and waterfall projects
- Experience in analysing data solutions with industry-standard practices
- Experience in business process modelling using software such as MS Visio
- Financial Services in capital markets industry background is preferred but not essential
- Strong communication skills
If you are interested in this position, apply now or email Cevina.email@example.com if you have any questions.