The successful individual will be able to project manage a component of our client's relocation of equipment, staff and services from their current CBD based office to a new premise. Experience in project management, including change management with demonstrated successful delivery of complex projects, and the ability to negotiate persuasively, influence effectively, build and maintain collaborative working relationships to ensure a smooth and successful outcome is essential.
This role will require you to work with the organisation’s Facilities Management, and Information and Technology Management section to plan, manage, coordinate and implement an approved program of works to ensure the successful relocation of services and equipment to the new premises. You will manage internal and external resources to ensure the relocation project is completed to the approved scope, budget, quality and timeframe, and regularly monitor and report on progress to the organisation’s Executive.
- Lead and manage the relocation of services, information, technology, furniture, and people from the organisation’s Brisbane premises to a new premises, in collaboration with the Project Executive, Project Board and Board of Management.
- Assist with ensuring the project is correctly structured with an overall plan and artefacts and a clear program of works to successfully accomplish the move of people, information, technology and services to the new premises
- Work with other project managers and team members to manage, coordinate and implement the assigned components of the approved program of works for the decommissioning of the old premises and relocation to new premises
- Coordinate with cross-discipline team members to make sure that all parties are on track with project requirements, deadlines, quality of work and schedules and meet with project team members and stakeholders to identify and resolve issues
- Engage with the Corporate Services Division who currently provide a range of services at the current premises and develop a project plan for cut-over of existing services or implementation of new services at the new premises
- Ensure changes to IT infrastructure, facilities management services, security and the move of all staff and relevant equipment is completed in accordance with the project plan. (Note: this role is not responsible for fit-out of the new location, or people change management aspects of the project which will be addressed by other project team members)
- Manage internal and external resources to ensure the relocation project is completed to the approved scope, budget, quality and timeframe and regularly monitors and reports on progress of works to the Executive project team
- Identity key project risks and implement appropriate risk management strategies
- Commit energy and drive to managing project planning, procurement and related activities to ensure deadlines are met, results achieved and outcomes delivered
- Developed and maintain positive working relationships with contractors, suppliers, internal teams and other relevant stakeholders
- Manages contracts and contractors to ensure the project is completed to the approved program of work, and takes action to resolve problems of a technical or contractual nature
- Undertakes management and leadership of project team, which may include managing and/or resolution of competing priorities
- Undertake other duties as required.
- Experience in project management, including change management, with demonstrated successful delivery of complex project such as office relocations.