Be part of a team in a destination that has a decade of opportunity around the lead up to the Olympics and making an impact and leaving a lasting legacy on the Gold Coast. Destination Gold Coast is a not-for-profit destination marketing organisation that promotes the Gold Coast on behalf of more than 500 members and 26,000 businesses. Employing a data-driven approach to formulate high impact strategies for Gold Coast tourism they consult closely with multiple stakeholders including local industry, government, tourism bodies, national and international trade as well as various industry partners. With new leadership for a new era, there is a sense of purpose and optimism as they view the market through the lens of a post pandemic world. This is an incredibly exciting and dynamic time in their history with an appetite for change and providing a roadmap to recovery.
About The Role
Reporting directly into the Head of Business Capability, as the People and Culture Specialist you will drive People outcomes across Destination Gold Coast. Responsible for the development and management of the People function you will support and influence leaders on all people matters including Employee Relations, Learning and Development, Talent and Succession Planning and Workplace Health and Safety. Contributing as a leader in your field you will work strategically and with purpose to enhance the culture and employee experience across the Destination Gold Coast business. This opportunity will see you -
- Providing operational support and strategic advice on the development and direction of the People function.
- Advise the business on workplace matters including performance management, compensation, recruitment, employee engagement, workplace health and safety etc.
- Developing, implementing and maintaining best practice procedures around Workplace Health and Safety.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to encourage feedback while building and maintaining a high-performing passionate and engaged culture across the organisation.
- Generate, monitor and maintain learning tools and Human Resources Management systems to measure performance, satisfaction and employee engagement.
To be successful in this role you will be warm, welcoming and have proven Human Resources experience. Embracing the vibrant culture of the Gold Coast will be something you are passionate about sharing with the community, while leading and coaching the organisation through this period of transformational change. Partnering with leaders you will work to inspire the greater business to live the values of Destination Gold Coast. You will also bring –
- Extensive experience operating in a progressive Human Resources capacity with relevant qualifications in Human Resources or Organisational Development.
- Knowledge and demonstrated practice of operational Human Resources activities including policy and procedure review and implementation, employee relations case management, recruitment and employee engagement.
- Working ability to oversee Workplace Health and Safety compliance across the business with relevant qualifications eg. Cert IV in WHS.
- Capability to work autonomously with a strong focus on employee experience, business improvement and stakeholder management.