Troocoo Government Team are proud to currently be partnering with a well-known State Government client in helping them recruit for multiple AO3 & AO4 Paralegal Officers.
Your New Position
As a Paralegal Officer, your duties will be:
- Providing paralegal assistance to legal staff within a legal team as directed. This may include, but not be limited to:
- Filing and serving legal documents
- Conducting searches for information
- Compiling and preparing documents
- Assisting in the discovery process including:
- Supervision of inspection and inspection of documents;
- Providing copies of documents requested;
- Notation of account fees for copies;
- Generating appropriate correspondence; and
- Under supervision, preparing lists of documents.
- Providing administrative support in:
- Trial preparation and assistance at trial; and
- Legal research
- Drafting routine correspondence.
- Liaising as required with clients, Counsel, legal practitioners, expert witnesses and staff.
- Undertaking administrative tasks and other duties as directed.
- Accurately and responsibly recording client time and achieving billing targets within work constraints.
Your Skills and Experience
To be considered for this role you will have skills & experience in the following to be successful:
- Must have 3+ years prior paralegal experience
- We are ideally looking for career paralegals or candidates with considerable PIPA experience but are open to legal students with considerable Paralegal experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills, sound organisational and administrative skills
- Ability to handle challenging phone calls whilst providing a high-level of customer service
- Reliable work attendance
- Ability to work within a team environment
- High attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 6 month initial contract (with potential for extension)
- $44.49 - $52.25 per hour + super
- Brisbane CBD location
How to apply:
If you think that this is a role that you might be perfect for, please apply now! Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.