Stanwell Energy is a highly successful boutique electricity retailer whose current customers represent a sizable portion of Australia’s most well-known brands and largest electricity users. Stanwell Energy’s current customers are sophisticated energy users and leaders in the resources, construction, manufacturing, transport and hospitality sectors.
Stanwell Energy is well known for its customer focused approach, evidenced through:
- tailored energy solutions;
- proactive, responsive and individualised account management;
- accurate, timely and transparent billing; and,
- value-add analysis, reporting and industry expertise.
As Stanwell Energy continues to lead the Queensland market in providing cost-efficient energy solutions to its customers, an opportunity is now available for an experienced leader as their Manager Energy Solutions. Based in Stanwell’s Head Office in Brisbane, the Manager Energy Solutions is responsible for leading the team responsible for customer acquisition, retention, and contract management activities of Stanwell Energy. This hands-on leadership role includes strategy and product development, customer research and relationship management. This is an integral role that has a key focus on growth within the renewable energy sector.
As the Manager Energy Solutions, you will manage and mentor a team of account managers to help them to retain, acquire and manage customer contracts to ensure the financial and operational objectives of Stanwell’s retail business are achieved or exceeded.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Oversee retention and acquisition activities for selected strategic customers that utilise various contracting arrangement types, including fixed price and structured products.
- Source new opportunities, prepare and present offer submissions as well as propose and negotiate term variations through to contract execution.
- Cultivate a team culture where knowledge is shared, and ongoing professional development is encouraged and sought out.
- Liaise directly with customers or as an escalation contact and to support account managers on complex negotiations.
- Ensure all retail customer contracting and customer management activities comply with legal, regulatory and ethical requirements, and all relevant corporate policies and procedures.
- Work closely with the relevant Stanwell staff to ensure all market, operational and legal risks relating to customer contracting and management activities are appropriately managed by following set procedures, proposing improvements to procedures where required.
- Ensure all pricing and contracting strategies, for individual and groups of customers, utilise the best available intelligence and are appropriately peer reviewed.
- Build effective working relationships and maintain open communications with key regulatory, industry and community stakeholders to effectively position Stanwell and maintain the Corporation’s reputation.
- Work closely with the Wholesale Energy Trading team to develop broader solutions for counterparties where retail electricity may be one component (e.g. PPA/retail agreements).
- 10 + years of market experience in a retail electricity market environment including 7 + years of market experience in an energy contracting environment coupled with deep electricity industry knowledge.
- Experience in developing tailored energy solutions including developing commercial terms and conditions.
- Proven ability to lead and mentor a team of account management professionals.
- Highly developed negotiation skills and experience in developing and selling structured products to end users.
- Personable and able to deal effectively with large retail counterparties and manage their associated accounts.
- Highly developed communication skills and experience dealing with diverse stakeholder groups to ensure that a clear understanding of the retail strategy and objectives are realised.
- Proven track record within the electricity trading industry, in developing and deploying sales strategies to maximise organisational returns.
- Solid understanding of the electricity market including the ability to identify and assess the implications of industry changes and identify market opportunities.
- Good knowledge of the regulatory schemes associated with retail activities.
- Well-developed analytical, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to develop and present high level and complex strategies, plans and reports in a professional manner.
Please note, Troocoo is managing this process on behalf of the Stanwell Energy and all third-party applications will be forwarded to Troocoo directly.
Thank you for your interest.