Our client is an influential industry leader in data science, advanced analytics and consulting. In recent years they have grown at an impressive rate and are an instantly recognisable brand you will be proud to work for. Due to continuous expansion in their offering and associated customer acquisition, they are seeking a Lead Data Scientist to join and develop this growing team in order to provide increased visibility to the firm through insightful analytics based activity. You will be given an opportunity to work with large data sets on particularly complex and interesting Data Science projects.
- Partner with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data and drive business solutions.
- Lead and mentor a team of high calibre Data Science professionals
- Take responsibility for designing and delivering technical Data Science initiatives that produce significant business value
- Develop and maintain advanced statistical and machine learning models
- Challenge the status quo by supporting digital advancements and innovative solutions to new ways of working
- Contribute towards tangible business metric uplifts such as increase in revenue, decrease in costs and increase in customer satisfaction
In order to be considered for this role, you will meet the majority of the following criteria;
- Must have 5+ years of experience in data science, analysis, applied statistics or machine learning
- You will have led and mentored teams of Data Scientists
- Experience with Python and SQL is essential.
- An academic background in statistics, data science, mathematics, computer science, actuarial studies or similar is desirable
- You will be familiar with a range of statistical techniques including Linear & Logistic Regression, Decision Trees, Random Forests, Markov Chains, Neural Networks and Clustering
- You will be able to demonstrate clear and thorough logical and analytical thinking, as well as problem-solving skills and ability to deliver solutions to the business
- Highly competitive salary $180k - $185k + super + 15% bonus
- Hybrid WFH flexibility with scope for remote work
- Regular training and continued personal development courses
- The use of pioneering technologies in collaboration with a high calibre Data Science team
- Progressive role in one of Australia’s leading data analytics providers