Our client is an iconic Australian brand within the technology industry. As an organisation, they have gone through an impressive period of growth and are the market leaders in their niche area of hardware and software technology production. They have a global footprint and continue to expand into new markets. They have invested heavily in their in-house technology environments, building advanced platforms which they view as key to driving efficiencies across the business and providing value to their customers.
Our client is looking to recruit an Industrial Engineer to support their growing product team as they continue their next phase of growth.
On offer is exposure to an industry leading design and manufacturing team that is building award-winning products that are being distributed internationally.
The position will report to the Head of Design and is an exceptional opportunity for a results-driven individual with a desire to develop their career in a fast-growing ASX defence technology company. You will be an experienced designer with strong concept and rendering experience with a product focussed background.
- Leading the development of fresh designs from initial concept to production realization.
- Enhancing and modernizing existing products based on input from end users and manufacturers.
- Creating supplementary accessories and innovative packaging solutions.
- Collaborating with suppliers and manufacturers to ensure effective communication and cooperation.
- Crafting and maintaining comprehensive bills of materials, assembly instructions, and CAD models.
- Crafting user manuals, brochures, and marketing materials with a keen eye for detail.
- Demonstrating exceptional abilities in managing tasks and time efficiently.
The successful candidate:
Qualifications / Experience / Skills
- Possessing a Bachelor's degree in a pertinent field like Industrial Design or relevant Engineering discipline, or equivalent practical experience.
- Proven Industrial Design experience, a minimum of 2 years of hands-on industry involvement, preferably in areas such as manufacturing or consumer electronics.
- Strong CAD experience, ideally using Solidworks for design tasks
- Experience using rendering software, ideally having exposure with KeyShot would be highly beneficial.
- Proficiency in the Adobe Suite (Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) for various design-related tasks.
- Demonstrating past experience in design for manufacture and possessing extensive knowledge of diverse manufacturing techniques.
- Holding previous engagement within the Defense sector is highly advantageous. Relevant experience in sectors like medical, aerospace, or consumer electronics also holds merit.
- Australian citizenship is preferred, particularly for Baseline and potential NV1 clearance considerations.
What's on offer?
This is a career-defining opportunity for an ambitious Designer who wants to contribute to the building of Australia's next technology unicorn. With direct access to the CEO and visibility across the full C-suite, the role holder will be exposed to and have an impact on the commercial success of the business.
Salary ranging from $80,000 - $100,000 plus super and benefits.
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.