Our is client is a thriving technology and telecommunications company, offering infrastructure and end-to-end business solutions. With an impressive growth strategy, this global business is poised to take-over the Australian market. This progressive and innovative organisation values diversity and seeks to create a casual yet high performing environment where employees feel confident to stand by their product.
About The Role
As the Human Resources Business Partner, you will service a client group offering the full suite of Human Resources advice. You will play a key part in delivering a range of people projects including talent management, diversity and inclusion, workforce planning, leadership development and engagement. You will work closely with leaders to actively improve policies and procedures, while working to influence overall productively and engagement of employees.
Day to day you will:
- Provide advice and strategies to drive high performing teams in line with values and core behaviours.
- Use data to influence stakeholders and contribute innovating ways to improve employee experience.
- Interpret and apply Industrial Instruments including the Fair Work Act, Enterprise Agreement, Work Health & Safety Legislation, and related organisational frameworks.
To be successful in this role you will be able to confidently partner with leaders to coach and build rapport while influencing across a wide range of stakeholders. Adapting to change will come naturally as you actively seek continuous improvement of processes. From a brand perspective, you will be passionate about the reputation of the business and deliver an employee experience that reflects the high performing culture. You will also have:
- Knowledge and demonstrated practice of operational and strategic Human Resources activities including, policy and procedure review and implementation, employee relations case management, recruitment and employee engagement.
- Confidence influencing and engaging across a broad range of stakeholders including operational leaders
- Working knowledge of relevant legislation and employment law matters with a high level of interpersonal, problem solving, negotiation, writing and communication skills.