Our client is a leading healthcare provider throughout Australia. Founded on values of compassion, human dignity, integrity, and excellence, they are passionate about providing world-class services to their extensive customer network. Operating multiple iconic brands, this not-for-profit business delivers proactive and innovative healthcare solutions centred around positive customer experiences. With a passion for protecting the community, our client is dedicated to ensuring safety and wellbeing are at the centre of everything they do.
About the role
Embedded into our client’s culture is the commitment to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of all staff and customers is prioritised. As the Health and Safety Advisor within a multidisciplinary team, you will be responsible for providing active and functional advice and coaching to key internal stakeholders of the business.
You will support the Senior Health and Safety advisors, applying technical expertise to support the maintenance of excellent health and safety standards. You will engage with employees across all levels of the business to implement and coach across matters pertaining to changes in health and safety legislation and policy. Applying knowledge of industry trends, you will proactively implement innovative initiatives which mitigate different forms of risk, both physical and psychological. This role is both strategic and operational in nature, with duties including incident analysis, risk assessment and workplace inspections to ensure alignment with both business and legislative expectations.
Day to day, you will:
- Actively contribute to the development, implementation and continual improvement of best practise health and safety management systems, practises, and services across the business divisions.
- Provide insightful and innovative strategic ideas to streamline and improve services across the business’ brands.
- Lead and partake in investigations across health and safety issues and devise accurate reporting and data to facilitate the development of future mitigation strategies.
- Broaden your industry knowledge by actively partaking in health and safety consultative committees and establishing strong network relations.
- Develop reporting and provide operational advice to employees, volunteers, and visitors of the business.
You will be a dedicated Health and Safety professional with demonstrated conceptual, analytical, and technical problem-solving skills, which culminate in innovative client-focused solutions. You will be a proactive incident investigator who is able to manage in line with industry standards and prioritise the safety and wellbeing of employees. Your exceptional verbal and written communication skills will be evident in your ability to establish and contribute to effective relationships within the Health and Safety team, the Injury Management Team, the broader People Performance Team and with all stakeholders of the business.
You will also ideally possess:
- Relevant qualifications in Workplace Health and Safety and Incident Investigation training.
- Exceptional written skills including the ability to compile reports, documented risk assessment/investigations, discussion papers, briefing notes and relevant correspondence.
- Advanced skills in the Microsoft suite.
- Demonstrated experience delivering client-focused solutions through conceptual, analytical and technical problem-solving skills.
- Experience liaising with various stakeholders to deliver high-level strategic advice which addresses industry trends and legislative changes to mitigate risks.
To hear more about this opportunity, please contact Jessica O’Neill at Jessica.firstname.lastname@example.org, or at 0431132206.